Connoisseur's Book Re-Release

Harry, where did you hear this? Do you have any further info? Thanks!

Josh,i haven,t got any more info.Only that it,s up for pre-order i found 4 shops online where it can be pre-ordered.

Delivery dates are different though,somewhere between 03-01-2017 and 30-01-2017

Josh,i haven,t got any more info.Only that it,s up for pre-order i found 4 shops online where it can be pre-ordered.

Delivery dates are different though,somewhere between 03-01-2017 and 30-01-2017

Harry, can you link the shops where it's available for preorder? Thanks!

Just did a quick search and oddly enough Staples shows as having the "Facts and Fundamentals of Japanese Swords: A Collector's Guide" available.  $6.08 + shipping.  Not sure if it is an error on the site or not.  I just ordered one and will let you know if it shows up as expected.  This is the Canadian site for Staples. 

http://www.staples.ca/en/Facts-and-Fundamentals-of-Japanese-Swords-A-Collector-s-Guide-New-Book-9784770031303-/product_2004788_2-CA_1_20001

• Like 1

Confirmation of the publication of The Connoisseurs Book of Japanese Swords via Oxford University Press's own web site, with a release date of Jan.17, 2017.  https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-connoisseurs-book-of-Japanese-swords-9781568365817?q=The%20Connoisseurs%20Book%20of%20Japanese%20Swords&lang=en&cc=ca

The ISBN number of the book identifies Oxford University Press as the publisher... one would hope that Oxford wouldn't be taken in by a fake book listing for something it was supposed to be the publisher of

• Like 1

Pre-ordered Connoisseurs Book from Amazon as a Christmas present to myself... we shall see what happens.

Between this re-release of the Connoisseurs Book, and the copy of Facts and Fundamentals I picked up from Amazon back on December 30, 2014 for the princely sum of $32!!!, I figure I have saved literally hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars!!! :)

But the big question is... do we order several copies in the hopes that prices will be back in the thousands when they run out again? :)

Mark S.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a quick search and oddly enough Staples shows as having the "Facts and Fundamentals of Japanese Swords: A Collector's Guide" available.  $6.08 + shipping.  Not sure if it is an error on the site or not.  I just ordered one and will let you know if it shows up as expected.  This is the Canadian site for Staples. 

http://www.staples.ca/en/Facts-and-Fundamentals-of-Japanese-Swords-A-Collector-s-Guide-New-Book-9784770031303-/product_2004788_2-CA_1_20001

As somewhat expected....I received the following email from Staples this weekend:

"Unfortunately, this item is currently out of stock with our vendor. Therefore, it has been removed from your order and the cost will not be charged to your credit card.

We currently do not have an ETA for when the stock is expected to be replenished....."

​Here I was all set for Stephen to buy me a copy...my hopes crushed!  8-)

• Like 1

I figured the best way to confirm all this was to call Oxford Press directly as today was the printing date. The customer service rep kindly confirmed that they "had current stock on these"...

Looks like this is actually happening!

So I guess the next big question in the future will be if this printing will be considered utsushimono... or simply gimei :)

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..