10 replies to this topic

#1 Corry

Corry

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

s-l2900.jpg I just won this on an auction. I have been looking for a brass (copper?) tsuba NCO sword, but they seem to be hard to find in nice condition. As you can see, the tsuka is missing a screw and the tassle hangar loop was, at some point removed and put back in the wrong position (changing that should be easy). Does anyone know where I may find an original replacement screw? I am expecting this to be hard to find.

s-l2300.jpg s-l2100.jpg s-l2000.jpg s-l1900.jpg s-l1800.jpg s-l1700.jpg

#2 Shamsy

Shamsy

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:33 AM

Hi Corry,

Very nice sword! It's true that nice examples are not so common, but still a few out there, especially with rising prices. Sadly you might struggle with the screw. Bill has been after these for a while. If like me you're a stickler for authentic period pieces, it'll be even harder. I imagine that unless a sword is junked there are no spare screws lying around. Good luck! Oh, you're after a brass screw specifically, but I'd take any you can get.

http://www.militaria...ese-nco-swords/
  • Corry likes this
Steve
Always interested in seeing and buying Type 95 NCO swords

#3 Corry

Corry

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:48 AM

Shamsy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am looking for an original screw for the tsuka. Id'e really hate to put anything else in here, but may have to settle for a reasonable replacement.

Hi Corry,

Very nice sword! It's true that nice examples are not so common, but still a few out there, especially with rising prices. Sadly you might struggle with the screw. Bill has been after these for a while. If like me you're a stickler for authentic period pieces, it'll be even harder. I imagine that unless a sword is junked there are no spare screws lying around. Good luck! Oh, you're after a brass screw specifically, but I'd take any you can get.

http://www.militaria...ese-nco-swords/

#4 Bruce Pennington

Bruce Pennington

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:38 AM

Corry,
Try Obiwanknabbe (sp?). I got a a part for my Dad's saya, and he mentioned that he had several parts and pieces of stuff. Worth contacting him, here's a link to send him a message: http://www.militaria...a/nmb/user/2510

#5 Corry

Corry

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:42 AM

Will do. Thanks Bruce!

Corry,
Try Obiwanknabbe (sp?). I got a a part for my Dad's saya, and he mentioned that he had several parts and pieces of stuff. Worth contacting him, here's a link to send him a message: http://www.militaria...a/nmb/user/2510

#6 BANGBANGSAN

BANGBANGSAN

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area USA

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:43 AM

Don Schlickman make these screws and other Japanese NOC sword parts.You can Email him dfsjpn@aol.com.

• Brian likes this

Trystan

#7 Corry

Corry

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:35 AM

Don Schlickman make these screws and other Japanese NOC sword parts.You can Email him dfsjpn@aol.com.

#8 Corry

Corry

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:36 AM

Thanks, Bangbangson! I'll contact him.

#9 Corry

Corry

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

thumbnail_20161204_063354.jpg thumbnail_20161204_063325.jpg

Don Schlickman make these screws and other Japanese NOC sword parts.You can Email him dfsjpn@aol.com.

Picked up this nice reproduction screw thanks to BANGBANGSAN and Don Schlickman:  

• Bruce Pennington likes this

#10 Corry

Corry

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:18 AM

attachicon.gifthumbnail_20161204_063354.jpgattachicon.gifthumbnail_20161204_063325.jpg

Picked up this nice reproduction screw thanks to BANGBANGSAN and Don Schlickman:  

Also, I do keep a catalog of all my artifacts in an excel spreadsheet. Any non-original parts/additions to any item are commented and noted and would be disclosed if/when I part with them.  

-Cheers! 

• Bruce Pennington likes this

#11 BANGBANGSAN

BANGBANGSAN

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area USA

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:12 AM

attachicon.gifthumbnail_20161204_063354.jpgattachicon.gifthumbnail_20161204_063325.jpg

Look nice!

Trystan

• Corry likes this

Trystan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: katana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq