Shinshinto Sword On Ebay

Kesho yasuri is present which is atypical; also, no horimono are present which would seem odd for one of the best horimono carvers of his time. Boshi is somewhat atypical. It seems like a good sword, but the price seems hopeful and has been dropped by $2000 usd. I have not really studied the mei. It is said to buy the sword, not the mei. Good luck to the seller and buyer.

• Like 1

Steve,

The clues: the price and no kanteisho

What do you think: the seller is a nihonto pro and he would not put the blade to shinsa just to earn a few thousand more? Search the average price of a Nobuhide: 2 500 000¥ (24 k$) there is a nice book written by Kunitaro san on the smith if I remember well

So nice sword but .....

• 2 weeks later...

I have the book by Kunitaro-san, and is a well worthwhile add to the library! Definitely many beautiful pieces with a bit of history added in. There are a few blades in the book that are sans horimono, but is definitely atypical of the pieces seen. I have a gimei Nobuhide with a 29in blade with hamon typical of his works, but the boshi, mei, and file marks appear to not depict his work. This piece seems to be the case as well, but still a nice looking blade÷

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..