I was in London this week for a little lecture about Nihonto Photography.

But first I wanted to visit the British Museum. I´ve heard, that they have a Sukehiro. And that´s what I wanted to see.

But the Sukehiro wasn´t on display. They have a wonderful armor, a Muromachi Sukesada with a fine tachi koshirae,

an Etchu no Kami Masatoshi. And a Shintogo. Kunimitsu! And this is really worth the trip.

If you ever come to London, visit the British Museum. Room 94-2 is for Japan.

Then I had the chance to meet some very nice people (again). Thanks again to paulb for the invitation.

And a special Thanks to Darcy and Richard K. George for the permission to use some of their photos.

Some words about the Shintogo: a very classical sugata, elegant with a thin suguha hamon in nie.

But the really amazing thing is the quality of the steel. Jinie, chikei and nie utsuri.

If you have “The 100 Masterpieces from the Compton Collection” than you can read a little bit more about the blade.

Sorry for the bad photo. The blade is behind glass and the distance was 40 cm and I worked freehand. But better a bad photo than no photo.

And next year I will stay longer. :beer: :)

Uwe G.

London:  http://www.nihontophoto.com/london-28-09-2016 

Shintogo Kunimitsu:  http://www.nihontophoto.com/shintogo-kunimitsu

PS: THEY HAVE A SHINTOGO!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..