Need Help Identifying Tsuba

Dear All.

I'm not so sure.  I am with Stephen on this one, I think we are seeing silver nunome zogan, have a look at the visible cross hatching around the seppa dai and one point where I think we are seeing the silver foil lifting a little.  

If so then far more interesting and not a dead Polly!

All the best.

• Like 1

Brent,

It is a genuine Namban tsuba. Unfortunately, it looks like it has been stripped of its patina, making it essentially worthless. What a terrible loss!

Hoanh

Is that sliver all over it or steel showing cant tell on cell

Stephen:

Same for the namban.

Dear All.

I'm not so sure.  I am with Stephen on this one, I think we are seeing silver nunome zogan, have a look at the visible cross hatching around the seppa dai and one point where I think we are seeing the silver foil lifting a little.  

If so then far more interesting and not a dead Polly!

All the best.

maxresdefault.jpg

Going with stephen, 80% silver zogan

Thank you all for taking the time to respond.  really appreciate the feedback,  loved the Monty Python skit!!   The pic I uploaded unfortunately does show it as silver but more so in the rim area it looks to be more brass in color. anyway have a great day everyone.     Brent. :thumbsup:

Hi, thank you all for taking the time to respond,  really appreciate the feedback. Loved the Monty Python skit!  Unfortunately the pic I posted does show it as being silver.  but in the rim area is actually bronze in color, anyway will work on my photograpy, may post another tsuba in a while with lots of bronze.  thanks again,    Brent :thumbsup:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..