It's Normal For A Jingasa To Have Kanji Written In Paper Inside The Ukebari?

dominnimod

The ukebari had a little hole and it spilled some of its content,and when i opened it more to readd it the content(dry rice),i found that it has paper with a lot of written kanji(i mean a lot),is this common?What could be the content of the text and whats the point on putting it there?

Thanks

post-3515-0-36120500-1474025862_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-54140800-1474025866_thumb.jpg

Dear Jose.

This might be as simple as using scrap paper to line the fabric.  In an age where everything is hand made even used paper is worth re using.  I would be surprised if it is anything more than that.

Am I alone in wanting to see the whole jingasa?

All the best.

• Like 2

Dear Jose.

This might be as simple as using scrap paper to line the fabric.  In an age where everything is hand made even used paper is worth re using.  I would be surprised if it is anything more than that.

Am I alone in wanting to see the whole jingasa?

All the best.

Thanks Geraint,that makes perfect sense,i guess my poor poet being expected a haiku or something  :laughing:

About the jingasa,its nothing fancy,common black laquer with gold crest:

post-3515-0-52201600-1474033413_thumb.jpg

Hi Jose,

Hira-Jingasa with a kanji based mon. Agree with Geraint about the paper!

Thanks Uwe,also another doubt now you are here,

i have doubts on a mempo on sale close to where i live,seems to be in fair condition but it's missing the nosepiece.

Fairly big earlobes and is lacking teeth,some idea of which school it belongs?

Much thanks

post-3515-0-68799100-1474035854_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-25686000-1474035855_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-32024800-1474035856_thumb.jpg

Hi Jose,

it's difficult to get a guess based on the pics. When in doubt, put it in the "Myochin corner" later Edo period. The main problem on this mask is the missing nose piece (hana). You should consider, that it will be almost impossible to source a matching replacement.

• Like 1

Hi Jose,

it's difficult to get a guess based on the pics. When in doubt, put it in the "Myochin corner" later Edo period. The main problem on this mask is the missing nose piece (hana). You should consider, that it will be almost impossible to source a matching replacement.

Thanks again uwe,will keep that in mind  :thumbsup:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..