Nagamitsu

It was also made with a degree of confident so it cant simply dismiss it has "every smith has a good day" excuse. Seems almost suspicious "Nagamitsu" is not one smith by several making swords under this pseudonym. I bet some collectors has been fooled before and bought Nagamitsu and Emura on hunch thinking it was something else :)

Wah

There is a lot wrong with this. The thing that bothers me most, is the lack of finish to the kesho yasurime. Greg what does the one you have look like at the top of the nakago? Here's an example from Moses' site so you can see what I mean.

Edit to add: There are a lot of inconsistency from one Nagamitsu to the next. I'm not saying this is gimei, just that for a blade of this quality, if done by Nagamitsu, I am surprised the yasurime was not finished as the example I linked and one that I personally owned.

http://www.nihontoantiques.com/archive/images/nagamitsu%20gendai.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..