Hello folks, marc A. --sword collector from NC here. Having a sword sale,,,,,medical based- it figures, with age comes wisdom and a whole lot of hurts..... Better to smile then cry though..
All swords for sale were bought here in USA or from Aoi Art in Japan, Tsuratasan. All papered except maybe 3 or 4. Omi-no-yari, jumonji yari, wakizashi and tanto. Tachi, katana, Nagamaki also.
For pics send email to me and I'll forward such to you. email@example.com
Partial list :
1. Nagamaki by Shizu, papered to yamato shizu. Nice mino mounts, super nice work, killer kissaki. Original SHIZU hamon-nambokucho. Original net list was 13,500. sale for $9,800
2. Jumonji yari by Masanao, 1588-1624 Super nice, full original tang, signed in full, extra nice and clear- no wear to speak of. Tokubtetsu hozon $3,500
3. Tanto papered to Enju Kunihide, copy of famous HOCHO masamune kitchen blade. Appears WET, almost dripping...the temper of nioi, nice engravings...student of Masahide. $3200.
4. Soshu katana (chumanuchi or custom sword), UCHIGATANA. 1532 to Soshu Tsunashige (soshu Tsunahiro school) HITATSURA deer antler temper. Full temper including the kissaki. LOTS of nie and billowing smoke signals go up and hang out in/on the mune. Yubashiri, nie, all types of activity on this blade. 19.5 nagasa shortened by 7/8 inch. Signed as ordered for custom swords for that time period. Not papered. NICE! $3,500
5. Cutting test wakizashi, 22.68 nagasa- not papered. Sword in perfect condition, polish saya and habaki new. Thought to be edo Masahiro hands down, early work with nice curve. Cutting test appears to be Nakagawa Saheita. Instead of Futatsu Do it says Futatsu Hitosume or two cut with one killing stroke. In silver. Nagagawa only sword tester to sign this way. NICE sword. Probably live execution. Tsuratasan helped me with this one. $5,000
6. Katana papered to Tegai Kanekiyo the 1st. 1326. ko itame tons of activity, 26.77" nagasa, Old blade very well made. Has small cut on back of kissaki- as they say, born in the battle. Nice blade. $4000.
7. Tachi papered to Kanezane, 1379-1413. SIGNED. Last chance to get a HOLY GRAIL of the yamato den tradition, a signed nambokucho or kamakura period tachi. Nice blade and long at 28.75 nagasa. NICE! original sale 8900. Sale $7,500
8. Signed and papered Tsurugi or ken. 14" nagasa. Signed NAGAMITSU. Seems he came down from hokkaido in the second group. Instead of Kamakura he went to Senjuin Temple. Nice piece, some lite wear but nice, full temper all over. Wonderful kamakura shape. Original asking was $12,000. sold for $9000, on sale for $7,800. A HOLY GRAIL of the kamakura Yamato den tradition.
9. Yari papered to Masazane the 1st 1532 Kanabo school. Retempered but cleaned up. Nice cutting edge and kissaki. FULL TANG AND SIGNED. Hard to find. 24" nagasa, 23 inch tang in cerimonial mounts with deer skin cover. $4000. (sell for more then that in Japan same conditions) Nice shape, thick and heavy- LONGGGGGGGGGGG. Hard to find period. Full tangs are impossiable to find almost!
10. UNPAPERED TAIMA kamakura period nakamaki in mounts. hazy but full temper and heavy. No bad spots. Itame to mokume to straight grain running right up thru the kissaki to mune- laid out like hair....nice heavy blade, lets see what we can do- around $7000./guarantee paper.
11. Kawachi no kami Kunisuke nakamaki noashi- hardly altered at all. Big thick like new. Kissaki is 3.5 inches long ! Perfect temper all over, yamashiro tradition. Hasnt been shortened or altered in the normal nakamaki noashi style. Can be seen on the site Shibui swords under the smith's name. (nice caring folks there ) Price to be slighlty reduced. Nice clean heavy piece in perfect polish, new habaki and saya. $5000. papered tokubetsu hozon- yeah, the yamato HOSHO was mine also but is now SOLD.
This is a complete list for now. Please email for PICS! MANY THANKS firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepting cards and ROLEX watches (trade also) for payment. Postal money orders accepted. All guaranteed period.