Small Metal Screw Replacements For Shin Guntos

Shawk66

Hello All

Looking for some advice on where to find replacement screws for ishizuke (Chape-tip) (model 44-blackish color), need one screw here, and one for Kuchi-Gane (throat) have no ideas where to even start as far as size etc (maybe .5MM???)

Also need a couple of screws for am early war shin-gunto (the type with open cast patina covered Tsuba and the fairly standard OD green Saya.

Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks

Are you putting those bits up for sale?

Hello Dave i can sell anything mate i sold a katsumasa today and still have a nagamitsu listed,i sell swords and gunto parts what did you need?,if i dont have i can get it,i have a contact in Japan who manages to track down some really nice stuff,cheer's

Julian

Julian may i ask where your list is? How long is the nagamitsu?

Hello Stephen

Its on feebay,search ww2 sword you will find it ebay seller: the_ozzy_samurai

im not exactly sure the exact specs as i have not gone over the blade with a tape but i know the cutting edge it 66cm or 26", probably not the greatest images from my iphone,its a fairly light wieght sword compared to the others,its thinner and not as broad or beefy if that makes sense? it has been used but is still in pretty good shape,cheer's

Julian

• Like 2

Hello All

Looking for some advice on where to find replacement screws for ishizuke (Chape-tip) (model 44-blackish color), need one screw here, and one for Kuchi-Gane (throat) have no ideas where to even start as far as size etc (maybe .5MM???)

Also need a couple of screws for am early war shin-gunto (the type with open cast patina covered Tsuba and the fairly standard OD green Saya.

Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks

Many years ago with a similar need I found a brass Whitworth screw of a particular size fitted the thread.  All I had to do was reshape the head (spin in a chuck and file to suit), then cut to length and Bob's your uncle (or Brian, or Guido, or Stephen...)

BaZZa.

Thanks for all the input. Went to my family Optometrist's office and all the eye glass screws were quite small. She told me that such eye-ware screws having been running much smaller in the last decade or so, so none came close to fitting.

Found some screws that somewhat fit at Lowes, but they had large hex heads that would not be easy to grind down.

Below is what I am looking for.

Ozzy-Samurai, do you have such spare screws to sell from your  koshirae sets?

See Picture

Thanks again for everyone's help

John Shawkins

post-3618-0-80662200-1467263949_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the input. Went to my family Optometrist's office and all the eye glass screws were quite small. She told me that such eye-ware screws having been running much smaller in the last decade or so, so none came close to fitting.

Found some screws that somewhat fit at Lowes, but they had large hex heads that would not be easy to grind down.

Below is what I am looking for.

Ozzy-Samurai, do you have such spare screws to sell from your  koshirae sets?

See Picture

Thanks again for everyone's help

John Shawkins

Yep i got one floating around,i know i had a few at one stage when i stripped down a scabbard,but i have 1 in my hands now i will try to find more,how many do you need?

julian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..