Mystery Marine Mount Found In Puerto Rico?

Looks like one of the late war naval swords that's a mix between naval and army mounts. Some say late war navy, some say post war put togethers from parts. You can probably search Ebay completed listings for late war naval swords and find plenty to compare it to.

In all due respect the fuchi is indeed naval as well as tsuba.the saya in black is also thpical of naval sword and as noted in the Ohmura studies. As to this being a post war put together no as the persons I bought it from are good and honest.

I say its army late war, theres no navy signs. Only blade made at Toyokawa.

not to be rude, but its nothing to evan bother with continuing the post.

In the world of nihonto, ww2 forged blades that arn't considered traditionally made are looked down apon more then kizu-uchi. the fact that its at the very bottom end of the imperial sword spectrum with poor or mismatched fittings, this really points out the question.

IS IT EVAN WORTH BOTHERING WITH?

there are heaps of better more interesting items to concentrate on and study.

I am sure that the smith that made the blade would disagree,all of us wish to be remembered for our sacrifices and hard work.otherwise why sign it? It is a phiece of history and as such deserves respect.It serves as a memorial to those who lost their lives in Toyokawa and is worthy of preservation .dont let your arrogance blind you.

not to be rude, but its nothing to evan bother with continuing the post.

In the world of nihonto, ww2 forged blades that arn't considered traditionally made are looked down apon more then kizu-uchi. the fact that its at the very bottom end of the imperial sword spectrum with poor or mismatched fittings, this really points out the question.

IS IT EVAN WORTH BOTHERING WITH?

there are heaps of better more interesting items to concentrate on and study.

• Like 1

semi-mass produced, Nakirishi-mei, unrecorded smith and in poor condition.

Im not sure what you hope to learn from it. as a "product of war" its worth preserving as a battlefield relic. But saying that its a "It serves as a memorial to those who lost their lives" is like saying a Arisaka  bayonet is a memorial to all IJA killed in Saipan, a stretch.

before you think im pooping military swords, your very wrong. in fact Im probably one of there biggest defenders on the forum, and I  has been my main focus for 15 years now. but there isn't much more you can drag out of this topic.

Like I said before I only would like to know which suke made this . Nothing more but since you would like to make a issue of how about considering the fact that all of us are not collectors of nihonto but collectors of history and as such it would become you if you would accept the fact that every smith is important every life is important . An accolade would be nice but consider the source.

• Like 1