Mystery Marine Mount Found In Puerto Rico?

Recently I found a sword in the mountains of Puerto Rico in a small store. After inquiring the owner if I might see it he graciously allowed. On initial inspection I thought ... this thing looks ancient! but the blade looked much newer,after many more visits this thing haunted me and finally I made him an offer to his liking and carried her home after weeks of research and many thousand kanji symbols later I,ve determined the blade was made by noshu suke saku

And also has a tang stamp from toyokawa naval arsenal,the tang is osuriage.I am posting this because there are many curious things about it and I dont know which suke made this.

John, we love doing this, and like to help, but dude! we need better pics - full handle, tang with writing, tip of blade, full view of blade and scabbard. All those things tell about the sword.

Even with the 2 pics posted, though, it seems an odd mix of Type 3 gunto (sword) in a Type 98 saya (scabbard). And "Noshu" would be the province the smith worked in.

Well after about fifty attempts,finally got a good picture of the mei this phone is a piece of do do.the interesting thing about this is the odd mix of army and navy elements and all seppa and handle have#45 for assembly numbers the sword has the typical brought back ww2 story was reportedly in the store for over thirty years hanging on a hook near the cieling

KANESUKE (兼祐), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Gifu – “Kanesuke” (兼祐), real name Umemura Ken´ichi (梅村兼市), born January 1st 1909, he worked as a guntō smith and died June 20th 1958????????

• Like 2

Thanks to steven for the email would have never guessed kanesuke as the upper symbol was the most difficult and Im new at this,does anyone know the significance of the painted symbols I thought it also read suke .but Im very new at this

Thanks to all for helping me with this mystery.

post-3703-0-74465100-1465165646_thumb.jpg

豊佑作 (Toyosuke Saku) would be my guess. The suke in this mei uses ninben instead of shimesu-hen.

Pretty confident on the Toyo. I have less confidence on the suke, but looking at the way 作 is carved, it seems that 佑 is more likely than 祐 - but I've had a look around at the online databases and I can find no online reference to 豊佑 or 豊祐, so it is bit of a mystery. 

Well after about fifty attempts,finally got a good picture of the mei this phone is a piece of do do.the interesting thing about this is the odd mix of army and navy elements and all seppa and handle have#45 for assembly numbers the sword has the typical brought back ww2 story was reportedly in the store for over thirty years hanging on a hook near the cieling

While the real pros are working on the smith - The mix of army fittings on the clearly navy gunto make this, what is commonly called, a Marine Landing Sword. The IJN did not have "marines" as a seperate unit, but the navy troops that worked on land were often known to take up this style of saya with army fittings. They were originally gold-gilded like the navy fittings, but the gilding seems to wear off somehow.

Nice blade! And yes, the painted numbers are 45 just like the stamped numbers on the seppa. Everyone agrees they were there to keep fitted parts together during manufacture and assembly.