Japanese Antique Sword-A Famous Fighter's Sword

timelag

It's interesting to look to china swords. My only experience is that many Japanese swords come from china and i try not to buy them.  :)

Btw, your sword is looking old  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Brian,

tks for your advise, i know that is impossible.to sell it via internet, i just send this picture out,hope to envoke some intetest of collector

Well Charlie, you have certainly achieved your goal.

You guys can be really cruel with a non-native English speaker, so let’s stop having fun on his expense, and beating around the bush. :shame:

Chuan Qin-xiānsheng, I’m reasonably sure that all your items are fake. I used to live in Beijing for almost 9 years, and have seen countless similar, artificially aged items.

For starters, I recommend to read the book 中国刀剑 by 皇甫江 to get an idea of how genuine Chinese edged weapons look. I also can give you the contact details of a very knowledgeable antique dealer in Pānjiāyuán, just PM me. He’s a long time personal friend of mine, and received an MA in Oriental Art from Heidelberg University, Germany – the only dealer in Beijing I vouch for 100%.

• Like 3

For a minute i thought Charlie was putting together another very tempting deal, glad thats cleared up.

The main market for Chinese fakes isn't overseas, but China itself. Actually, I've seen more Chinese duped into buying what they think are priceless treasures, than I've read complaints about Chinese fakes on NMB. For that reason alone I'll give "Charlie" the benefit of doubt; from what he wrote so far, he seems to be a victim, not a perpetrator.

The main market for Chinese fakes isn't overseas, but China itself. Actually, I've seen more Chinese duped into buying what they think are priceless treasures, than I've read complaints about Chinese fakes on NMB. For that reason alone I'll give "Charlie" the benefit of doubt; from what he wrote so far, he seems to be a victim, not a perpetrator.

Be that as it may, I have a hard time believing anyone would spend 500,000RMB on a lump of metal with no authentication, no matter how good the salesman/con-man. I can't shake the feeling that he is taking the piss

• Like 1

I think Charlie knows exactly what he has.

His own words  "I just pay half million for this roral dragon ruler", I don't believe that :doubt:

A guy asks for 2 million dollars for a piece of junk, taking us for fools or hes a troll, one or the other.

​Ps, Charlie, the only way you will get $2,000000 for that is if NASA find out its made of an alloy, not of this world

Been an interesting thread, good luck with your sale.

• Like 1

You guys can be really cruel with a non-native English speaker, so let’s stop having fun on his expense, and beating around the bush. :shame:

Chuan Qin-xiānsheng, I’m reasonably sure that all your items are fake. I used to live in Beijing for almost 9 years, and have seen countless similar, artificially aged items.

For starters, I recommend to read the book 中国刀剑 by 皇甫江 to get an idea of how genuine Chinese edged weapons look. I also can give you the contact details of a very knowledgeable antique dealer in Pānjiāyuán, just PM me. He’s a long time personal friend of mine, and received an MA in Oriental Art from Heidelberg University, Germany – the only dealer in Beijing I vouch for 100%.

Dear Guido,

Thanks for your opinion, of course Mr.Huang Pujiang is the biggest Chinese antique weapon collector,but if you know him, I think you also know Mr.Liang YiRen and Mr.Lao Du, they are his biggest  supplier, I purchase these antique from these two guys.

Ok, then, if someone can just distinguish these are fake through photo, I really appreicate his professionalism, if someone here can prove the antique are fake (the proof), I will give him 10000usd for what he had done, but if not, please keep silent.

Best Regards

Charlie 

To be frank, I feel disappointed with this forum, I thought people who love antique weapon will also have broad mind, while things are not what it should be. If you come to China, you will know what is happening now, the on line antique weapon bidding held every week, and millions of turnover has accured. I do not think rich people are stupid than others...

anyway good luck 

Charlie,

So Alex was right, you're either s con man or a troll.

You're trying to sell a piece of junk that looks slightly like a famous Japanese sword. The way this works is that YOU prove it genuine not the other way around.

• Like 1

Charlie,

So Alex was right, you're either s con man or a troll.

You're trying to sell a piece of junk that looks slightly like a famous Japanese sword. The way this works is that YOU prove it genuine not the other way around.

How to pricing an item is my right, No one will oblige someone to buy it, is that right?

I think this has run its course. They're either real or fake, you're either interested or your not. What one person's opinion is on a piece can be his own and he can price it how ever he sees fit. I don't see a ton of benefit trying to convince him that he's wrong. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

To be frank, I feel disappointed with this forum, I thought people who love antique weapon will also have broad mind, while things are not what it should be. If you come to China, you will know what is happening now, the on line antique weapon bidding held every week, and millions of turnover has accured. I do not think rich people are stupid than others...

anyway good luck 

Charlie, if you thought that sword was worth $2000000, you would not be on here looking to sell it would you?.

You would have sold it to a museum by now, and be a local hero.

I think this has run its course. They're either real or fake, you're either interested or your not. What one person's opinion is on a piece can be his own and he can price it how ever he sees fit. I don't see a ton of benefit trying to convince him that he's wrong. Just my opinion.

Thank you, that is the reasonable opinion. I price an item, any of you can just leave it or forget about it, but what I have seen is only junk word.