A Wakizashi By Yoshimichi, But Which One ?

Sly

Hi Sylvain, That’s good news that NTHK-NPO gave it a pass :) But I can understand why NBTHK judged it as gimei it had some ? and they are conservative :doubt:  I remember thinking the same at the start as some of the traits did not fully match the gen’s I could find info on. I learnt a lot from this exercise, sometimes it is just not possible to pin something down 100%  other times you just know you are very close I recommend doing the Appraisal Quiz at Aoi art when I started having a go I thought this is hard but now I find I am getting better and get a few now and then like this month got the maker but not the gen  but that’s a lot harder when no mei  is shown but in your case we had the mei but could not get a match on all the traits but you had most of them so the tipping point must have been close :)  In the end you now know a lot more about the Yoshimichi smiths :thumbsup:

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..