Cheap Blade (No, I'm Not The Other Guy Haha)

md02geist

Hello all,

I'm looking for a blade (a katana would be great, wakizashi is fine, naginata is fine, yari is fine) on the cheaper end of the scale. Mei would be preferred, ware is not a problem as this blade will literally only be used for display to have something cool on the wall in the office next to the tsuba I won and the books I have purchased over the years. At this point I have *lots* of books I am reading and studying and would like to put my hands on the real thing so to speak, but don't want to jump into those blades that are thousands of dollars.

Pre-Meiji would be great, Muromachi to Momoya would be fantastic, as would something with a relatively positive ID.

Again, ware or "ugly" is not a problem right now.

Please let me know if you have anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a good Hizen katana with koshirae, Jo-saku. I will make a deal on. 1660 approx date. 

I have a good Nanbokucho period tanto, Hasebe Kunishige (nidai) in hitatsura with koshirae. I will also make a good price on that. 

But... there are limits and expectations, best to toss your budget at me in email. 

I have an unmounted wakizashi I'd sell. There was a thread I raised a while back about it. See below.

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/17184-mumei-shinto-wakizashi/

It's quite a lovely piece with much activity, beautiful lines, good feel in hand. One detractor - there is a small umegane towards the kissaki. The hamon around it is duller as it has been polished much heavier to try to 'correct' the blade.

Although the sword does not have a mei as you'd prefer, it is very nice to look at and plenty to study... but better on one side. In old but very good polish.

Hit me up if interested.

Archived