Gendai Seiho Katana

Ed

Hi all,

I had a minute of free time and while cruising e-bay spotted this sword. Have any of you been watching this ?

Seiho is undoubtedly an excellent gendai smith, and the seller while I do not know personally, is reportedly a straight up guy.

Neither point having anything to do with my curiosity.

I am simply surprised that it has received bids up to $14K with no photos provided, other than one of a gunto koshirae, and some info on the smith.

Any comments or thoughts ?

You are right bidding was ended, bids cancelled.

Maybe someone was messing with his auction, maybe he sold it outside the bay. ???????????

And again I was not nor am not trying to place fault or suspicion on the seller.

My only question was in regards to the high bid sight unseen. :?

I thought it seemed strange a sword would bid up that high without a single photo.

He's a good seller, with nice items usually, a good reputation and excellent photos.

He did say that pics would be up later, so I expect that someone either played with the bidding, or he was made an offer off eBay that made him cancel the bids and sell to someone.

If the bidding went that high so fast, he either sent the pics via email on request, or someone was playing the fool.

Either way, I bet it was a fantastic sword.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..