1St Model Nco Type 95 ? Copper Hilt

Julian

Ozzy Samurai,

You must have noticed by now that it is mandatory to sign all your posts with your first name and an initial. Please act accordingly.

Sorry guy's i did read the previous comment on this thread,i thought i would provide links anyways for those who may have just read this thread and scroll straight down,and that fake type 95's link was just for laugh's although im sure the person who won it wont be laughing to hard once some research is done,i will have to change my account name,i used to sell alot of ww2 Japanese swords with that name via ebay so i used it on here,sorry

Julian

There appears to be a big interest in copper NCO's lately. I own two and have decided to let one go, so this is a heads up for members who collect military swords.

I will be listing it on ebay in the coming week or give it a shot here on NMB.

The sword is probably the finest sub 2000 copper serial number in existence, most of the scabbard paint in intact with no dents plus a mint sword and of course matching numbers.

Regards,

Tom.

yeah i made an offer on it this morning $2500 got knocked back,in the process of messeging him to try and see what he would accept and bam it sold on me  :(

Julian

He rejected my offer of 2500 also, so I upped it to 2750 last night. The sword is on the way to me now. It has its issues, but considering how I have been spending money like a drunken sailor lately, it's a "good enough" example for my collection.

doug P.

• Like 2

He rejected my offer of 2500 also, so I upped it to 2750 last night. The sword is on the way to me now. It has its issues, but considering how I have been spending money like a drunken sailor lately, it's a "good enough" example for my collection.

doug P.

Nice Doug,well done! since i missed out on the copper handle varient im going to treat myself to a Shinto era in Gunto mounts its in great shape,it should help me get over the recent obsession of type 95's im not a fan of machine blades but as we all know copper handles make it worth a mint,even tho its maybe $5 worth of copper :bang:  

I will keep an eye out Tom's Copper handle varient,but by the sound of its condition and low numbers im sure it will push the $5000 AU mark easy

Julian

• Like 3

I'm surprised people will pay that. It's ebay hype I suspect. Copper nco were half the price a few years back, but I suppose it's just following the market.

I've seen a copper handle with the fuchi stamps in the opposite order to. If these were some sort of reproduction I'd expect more of them, not to mention that they are correct in pretty much entirety. My own opinion lies in the early production and somewhat prototype nature of the swords. Perhaps they didn't determine a standard stamp order until the aluminum handle variants?

Here is my last copper handle nco sword which I'm going to sell.   It's a reissued one like the example in Fuller & Gregory's book but what is really interesting about it is it appears that the original serial numbers on the scabbard and blade matched.

post-424-0-50672800-1463096024_thumb.jpg

post-424-0-29490600-1463096032_thumb.jpg

post-424-0-96264900-1463096042_thumb.jpg

post-424-0-83893500-1463096055_thumb.jpg

post-424-0-60470500-1463096066_thumb.jpg

post-424-0-83573400-1463096121_thumb.jpg

post-424-0-77528600-1463096135_thumb.jpg

post-424-0-33027600-1463096184_thumb.jpg

I am always surprised by how shocked some people on NMB are when rare items sell for a lot of money.  The immediate conclusion seems to be that the buyer is an amateur or they are a fool.  All the long prices have continue to rise on this stuff.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..