Japanese Cloisonne Makers Marks

hddennis

I'm traveling and don't have any way to post pictures but maybe someone can help me anyway. Just acquired 2 miniature vases with the most incredible micro detail I've ever seen. The bottoms have bright red marks that I can't tell if it is red lacquer brush strokes or wireless. I can best describe the mark as Mt. Fuji or an inverted V with a line or Ichi stroke underneath. I spent the night online but all traces of makers marks seems to have been pulled off the net?? Maybe someone has books or copies of the marks that were online last year?

Thanks for any help,

Howard Dennis

Also can anyone suggest the best book on Japanese Cloisonné to add to my library?

A little too much to list, and nearly impossible to detect it without seeing the mark itself.

Try books depending on the age of the piece, that would be my best guess. There's aren't any good signature catalogues that contain everything, generally just collections and/or other sets.

Malcolm, is there anyway you can help me join the 925-1000 forum? I registered days ago, didn't get any confirmation and it won't let me in nor is there any way to contact a human about my inability to join or register. VERY frustrating!

Howard Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..