Info on this smith

QuangD

I am looking more info on this smith. It is signed "Hoshu Takada Ju Fujiwara Hisayuki" and the period is Bunsei (1818-1829). I received a conflicted of information on this smith. The only smith signed almost like this way is Koto period. Thanks for everyone inputs!

Milt,

Since you are bungo collector, can you dig some Bungo information for me.....ahahha

I am looking more info on this smith. It is signed "Hoshu Takada Ju Fujiwara Hisayuki" and the period is Bunsei (1818-1829). I received a conflicted of information on this smith. The only smith signed almost like this way is Koto period. Thanks for everyone inputs!

Milt,

Since you are bungo collector, can you dig some Bungo information for me.....ahahha

I am NOT a Bungo collector by choice............please remember that. :x

One main reason I am into fittings is because i am freaking sick und tired of being " bung-ed " :evil:

since collecting tsuba, I have not been bungo-ed, not even once !! They don't know how to make tsuba in Bungo :badgrin:

milt THE ronin

Milt,

One main reason I am into fittings is because i am freaking sick und tired of being " bung-ed " :evil:

since collecting tsuba, I have not been bungo-ed, not even once !! They don't know how to make tsuba in Bungo :badgrin:

milt THE ronin

My bad! I always thought you started out as a Bungo collector.... :lol: Too bad....I thought Bungo smith did not make Tsuba too.....Otherwise, you will have a full house of it...... 8)

Milt,

milt THE ronin

But Milt, you know that "its the sword that finds the owner" and that "swords call out to each other." So, while you can run to tsuba, you can't hide 8)

Why, you've become the Sisyphus of the bungo world :!: Are you trying to wreck all that now, just as you were getting so close to the top :?:

:shame:

fd

you know that "its the sword that finds the owner" and that "swords call out to each other." So, while you can run to tsuba, you can't hide

Why, you've become the Sisyphus of the bungo world Are you trying to wreck all that now, just as you were getting so close to the top

fd

that's the biggest load of cow chips............ :evil:

there's nooooooooooo way this O-kissaki, O-suriage wak I am going to submit to the Chicago shinsa in 2007 will bungo me.

If it indeed turns " Bungo ".......then, yes, I give up and will reclaim my position as " president of Bungo appreciation club of North America "

Milt THE ronin

Hi Quang,

according to Nihonto Meikan,it is Hawley's HIS 180.There is no Mei with "Bungo Takada" or "Hoshu Takada" mentioned,but he (died in 1862) was a member of the Bungo Takada school.Ludolf

Hi Ludolf,

Thanks for the info. I checked in Hawley book and there is no mention 1818 Hisayuki smith signed this way. The only Hisayuki signed very close to this way is in Koto period of 1489-1500 (HIS177). I know that you have more reference books than I do so I would like to double check the forum users.

I got this feeling the year was not right for this smith. The Wakizashi kasane is more like Koto period than Shinshinto period.

Thanks for your help Ludolf.

If you had to go to war, you would likely take that old Bungo sword. nuf said, Mark

Yes, I am definitely not agreed with you on that.....Machines gun, B-52 plane and nuclear weapon are the weapon on choices.... :lol: :lol:

On the side notes, based on several sources mentioned that Bungo smiths are very skillful in forged more as a functional sword than artistic view......

Anyhow, the era NTHK paper stated this is a shinshinto era instead of Koto or shinto era.....but the thinness of this wakizashi is narrow to lead to that direction.

It is just my 2 cents thought on it.

" On the side notes, based on several sources mentioned that Bungo smiths are very skillful in forged more as a functional sword than artistic view...... "

the few Bungo " experiences " I have all show......ashi, yo , utsuri.

Looks quite artistic to me..........

milt THE ronin

" On the side notes, based on several sources mentioned that Bungo smiths are very skillful in forged more as a functional sword than artistic view...... "

milt THE ronin

Are you sure you see ashi, yo and utsuri on Bungoed swords....? Perhaps, it is about time to upgrade to Lasik surgery.... :lol: :lol:

milt THE ronin

This is why the better Bungo works will often make fools of those that try to kantei them :badgrin:

fd

milt THE ronin

This is why the better Bungo works will often make fools of those that try to kantei them :badgrin:

fd

shhhhhhhh, don't teach 'em too much.

Milt THE ronin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..