Anyone play Shogi aka Japanese Chess?

Was just wondering if anyone played? If so do you play online or just in person? I found a couple places to play online with and without other players.

http://www.japanesechess.org if you go to the links page you can find places to play aginst people. BTW if you want to try and play 99.9% of the players are Japanese and will kick your arse! Need Java to play!

hit me up for a game I would love to play not too many people I know that play!

Just give me Time and date

Joey

I found this interesting..... " Pieces captured become yours, and you can choose to drop them back on the board to attack their former army!"

whatever happened to the samurai spirit ? turned coats ? HEAVENS !!!!!!

milt the flying ronin

I don't know about the samurai spirt but the "drop" rule makes the game much more interesting. You can save all the pieces that you capture until they are aboslutly needed. Another words I could be about 2 moves from check mate but make a drop and start to win the game. Makes it much harder and better then the western style of chess. The games can also last very long!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..