Thanks For Making The Effort And Sharing

I was reading the thread

"A Very Strange Tsuba!"

and did not want to hijack that thread. It occurred to me that we are indeed lucky to be in a community that shares so much. 

Many times members here take the time to go through their resources to find an answer to a question. The breadth of people who help is wonderful. Take the opportunity to offer thanks to those who contribute so much in a positive way to further learning. I am going to suggest the you take an opportunity to make the Year of the Monkey a year of thanks. So I will start and hope that you add a personal thank you to someone(s) who helped you.

Thank you Brian, John and Jean for keeping this place on track and offering so much of your time and effort to make this a happy place of learning.

Thank you Darcy and Ford for the thoughtful, often inspiring posts that bring your wealth of knowledge to us.

Thank you Guido, Pete Klein and Curran who all contribute in positive ways to move things along. Each of you brighten my day frequently with just the right comment at the right time. 

Thank you to Stephen (Oyabun) and Steve who both help so often that I think that this place may be the S and S help line.

Thank you to Morita san and Moriyama san who read things that just seem impossible for the rest of us. Your patience and efforts are so so appreciated. 

Thank you to those who take the time to welcome new members and answer their questions even when you have answered the same question numerous times before. 

I expect the forum to be a little more mischievous in the New Year (Monkeys do that) but I'm sure that the admins will keep this the happy place that I enjoy visiting daily. Please add to my list of thank yous. 

• Like 16

Barry

As regular visitors and contributors we all too often take for granted the resource available to us here, so thank you for reminding us (and for your own considered contributions throughout the year) I also look forward to sharing and learning more in the coming year and well beyond and to the constructive way people generally debate differences in ideas and understanding of a very complex subject.

Long may it continue

Best Rgeards

Paul

• Like 2

Yes Barry, you are right and I thank you for underlining it. This forum would be nothing without the knowledge/help of the members and collectors. I am, unfortunately, the one responsible for deleting topics at the author's request (mainly Mariusz) or locking topics when things are getting of tracks, but rarely, not more than one or twice a month, which is splendid and reflects the quality of NMB members. It is an amazing Forum, I have learnt thousand of things thanks to you all. My regret, not enough posts or topics on shinto or shinshinto swords. A great thanks to gendaito lovers, even if it is not my world, I greatly appreciate them.

Thanks my friends (too many to list them) :)

• Like 2

We certainly are very lucky not only to have a forum that gives us the opportunity to learn (and sometimes laugh), but also that we have collectors and dealers that are willing to share what they've learned over the years. I started on this forum about 7 years ago and that it's been around that long, has given me the opportunity to turn from a dumb, anxious noobie to a less-dumb, less-anxious less-noobie and that is in no small part due to people here and maybe help out once or twice.

Thanks to far too many to list here and a few that have moved on and let's make this another good year.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..