A small Photo Esay

for those who have never been to Japan and wonder what it is like at this time of the year. And for the others who have been and need to get back, a small reminder. In no particular order.

Goto fittings at the Tokyo National Museum

01.jpg

Shintogo Kunimitsu

02.jpg

Chokuto Sword. 7th Century

03.jpg

Bizen Sukesada

04.jpg

NBTHK Museum - Tamahagane

05.jpg

Ueno Park Tokyo city.

06.jpg

18th Century cemetery - Sukagawa, Fukashima Provence.

07.jpg

Maple tree, Nikko.

08.jpg

Old castle site - Sukagawa, Fukashima Provence.

09.jpg

Temple Bell - Rinnoji Temple, Nikko

10.jpg

Asakusa - Tokyo City

11.jpg

Japanese Garden - Nikko

14.jpg

Moss and tree - Nikko

16.jpg

Read the sign :-)

17.jpg

Giant Koy at Edo Castle site - Tokyo City

18.jpg

Tea House at Edo Castle site - Tokyo city.

19.jpg

Typhoon 18 (this year) - Shinjiku, Tokyo City.

20.jpg

Viewing room, Japanese Garden - Nikko.

21.jpg

Cheers

Richard

Hi Rich, Pretty good pics, especially the landscapes. The pics of the Nihonto turned out well considering that blasted glass thing in the way. Never understood the koi fascination and the ongoing battle with herons but strangely for an animal that has a three second memory they seem to be able to recognise their owners and come to be fed. I think I like fall in Japan more than spring though it is when all the blossom viewing takes place, fall is so much of an introspective time. Ueno park is a great area so close to a multiple of musea plus zoo etc. but there is a lot of free entertainment there, performers and the like, great place. I was supposed to be there right now, indeed, ticket was booked for Oct 22, but, ended up stuck stuck in arctic ice even though attended by an ice breaker and didn't get home until Oct 31. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Good on you. John

Rich,

Thanks so much for those wonderful pics. Some of them bring back amazing memories. I wonder what are the job prospects in Tokyo for someone who only speaks English? (Except for English teacher) :) I'm available folks *hint hint*

Some of those I saw, some will have to wait until next time. Beautiful stuff.

That chokuto is amazing. Over 1200 years old! :shock:

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Brian

Great pictures Rich

I was in there about 6 weeks ago and had a nightmare trying to photograph through the glass... those pics are good considering...

Great time of year with the leaves turning!!

Luckily not all 18 hit Japan :roll: I was there for the one in Sept that shot straight up through Kanto... luckily a very nice Kabakura bar in Roppongi saved the evening! :lol:

Cheers!

Not any old chokuto mind you, The Shichi Sei Ken that alledgedly belonged to Prince Shotoku Taishi.

I hope you all went to the Tokugawa exhibition too! 8 National Treasure blades and 4 juyo bunkazai. Lightings a bit tough, but if you dance around a bit in those crowds you can get by. Takes a bit of determination though.

Lovely photos by the way.

Best

Thanks Paul, yes I went, though it was so busy, as I stopped in front of one sword or amour, I was just pushed along to the next piece. I think I had about 30 seconds in front of each item LOL.

It was wonderful regardless. I also enjoyed many of the other items, including a beautiful Go board.

Best

Richard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..