Looking For Ko Aoe Tachi / Katana

MAXBLISS888

From what I remember from the web Mike from Tetsugendo has a Ko Aoe Ko wakizashi while Nihonto.ca, AOI, Arizonaskies, Sanmei and world.choshuya have AOE blades from late kamakura/ Nambokucho not Ko Aoe.

Best regards

Javier

• Like 1

Like you, I love Ko-Aoe and am always interested in hearing about one for sale. It's funny, I am doubtless the only one who wrote to Sumie-san asking if I could purchase the sword below. Regardless of the damage, being an authentic piece with an associated mei I thought I would be a nice study piece to own and one worth preserving. Sadly, not for sale.

http://www.ksky.ne.jp/~sumie99/Sueyuki1.html

Best regards,

Ray

• Like 1

Francis, I have three Aoe blades from the Kamakura to the Nanbokucho period, two are Juyo and one is Tokubetsu Hozon. One is on my site already. The smiths are Yoshitsugu, Sadatsugu and Tsugunao. The Tokubetsu Hozon one I am selling with a Juyo guarantee. All three have koshirae. One of the Juyo not on my site is 77cm and signed by Tsugunao and likely his best work and he was the best Aoe smith of his time. I have a client in Bangkok I will be visiting in March, and it would be possible to meet up at the same time and introduce you.  

• Like 3

I have a client in Bangkok I will be visiting in March, and it would be possible to meet up at the same time and introduce you.  

I have heard of a person who spends half the year in Thailand and the other half in the Cape, here in South Africa. Doubt the same person, but if so..I would love to make contact and hear from other SA collectors.

I have heard of a person who spends half the year in Thailand and the other half in the Cape, here in South Africa. Doubt the same person, but if so..I would love to make contact and hear from other SA collectors.

He's Thai. Swords are actually catching on a bit in China and Southeast Asia. 

• 1 year later...

Wau so challenging ,. Thank you to be here ,.

To see real Ko aoe sword tachi ubu or suriage is really rare,. 

I can say it is blessing from heaven to be present to these swords ,.Ko Aoe .

Bitchu swords are examples of early elegance and completely diferent whole history in Japan,.

Its very powerfull and elegance , if you see one real , then you know what i try to explain,.

I had chance to have in hands few Koaoe swords , i thanx to heaven to see that and keep the long swords in hands , its beautiful graceful sugata is speaking for the early styles of Heian makki sugata sori jigane ucuri hamon , its not simple to describe,.

There is on internet few swords from old era but if counting only for few examples photos for western world is very simple to mistification and hard to imagine compare to the real sword apearence,.

But to own that is impossible , :) i am happy to not own one it is too much .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..