2 X Tsuka Screw Needed Late '44 Gunto

vajo

• 4 weeks later...

The price is a little...optimistic.... imho.

But I am sure there are people with a far greater budget than myself...thanks though Matt.

Without knowing the price; supply and demand as they're high in demand and low in supply despite just being screws.

the owner of the screws told me he wants $100 per set...... i guess i undersold the ones i had, Chris posted and asked and i had 2 and sold them for about $40 (sorry Brian but as he started the post and asked i let him have them)..... now ends i up i need a couple, strange how that works

Hey Mark

you helped me and i say thank you :)

The price was $45 inkl. delivery. If that is cheap or not is a personel decission.

$100 for a pair is total crazy. But on other hands when i look on ebay, the price for sarute is the same madness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From a metal worker's point of view they are not so special at all. I have seen an original from an officer's dirk made of brass, though. There is usual metric M4 thread. The bolts are made with big crest clearance. So nothing precise. 100USD is really nonsense, 40USD is about reasonable price. Good metalworker with a lathe and a milling machine can make these for much less. I can make them including patina but don't have a lathe. To adjust old bolts won't work because these have no normalized measurements and would be lmost impossible to fasten them into a lathe chuck anyway.

I let you know when I have access to a lathe or buy one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..