Thanks For Another Great Year!

Dear fellow forumites (if that is a word):

Thank you for making this a great year. Your participation and contributions have made Nihontomessagoard a must visit daily.

A special thank you to our Admin team who keep things on the right track Thanks Brian Jean and John.

A special thank you to those who help with translations - so many help, I fear leaving anyone out of a list. Having said that Morita san and Nobody san must be individually thanked.

Some posters bring joy with their shared humour, others with their well thought out long posts that not only answer questions but peak interest and raise new questions. I appreciate especially respectful back and forth. 

I have asked some members here to contribute their work to the Japanese Sword Society of the United States (JSSUS) Newsletter and they have. This spreads not only their thoughtful post but also spreads the word on the benefits of Messageboard. Thank you to those contributors.

Thank you to those who contribute to the New Year's draw - both prizes and cash contributions will help to keep this board functioning well. 

A special thank you to those who take the time to welcome new members. Making this a welcoming place where newbies will want to stay and learn will only serve to advance our hobby. 

Some great posters have sadly left us this year. I miss them and only wish them well. I thank you for your contributions and hope that the New Year will bring you back - think of it as a time of New Beginnings. Thank you for the time you shared with us. 

Feel free to add to my far too short list. All of us have some things to be thankful for and grateful for - Nihontomessageboard is one of mine.

• Like 14

You guys said it better than I could have. We only do this because there is a need/demand. As long as you guys feel there is value here, we will try and provide it.
Huge thanks to everyone. There are some wonderful supporters out there, and because some of you don't like names mentioned, I must just rely on the fact that you know who you are.

All of you have my thanks, for your time, efforts, and maybe just the fact that you visit, and show in the stats that there is something here worth reading.

Lurkers, browsers, posters, novices or experts (no-one will admit to being one of course).... you are all welcome here and I wish you all the best going into 2016. May your shinsa's all be passes, your deals all be great, and your mei all be shoshin. :beer: :beer: :beer:

• Like 7

Good Morning from Tokyo. Fine, brisk weather today. My smartphone tells me its 5° Celsius with a wind chill making it feel like 0°. It was a good 2015, and I was very happy to become re-acquainted with nihonto and with Nihonto Message Board after an absence of many years. I wonder why I ever drifted away? Anyway, very happy to help out, even if half the time I'm making a wild guess. When studying nihonto I am often reminded of the quote regarding physics supposedly attributable to Richard Feynman; "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics". I feel like this regarding nihonto. Just when I think I'm starting to grasp the fundamentals, some other variable comes along I realize how much I don't know. So, I'm still a novice, but sometimes I feel like I'm inching my way out of novicehood - many thanks to the people here. Looking forward to more challenges in 2016. 

• Like 2

Good words, Barry. My introduction to Japanese swords and fittings goes back over 50 years ago. I'm amazed today to see how much information is now available to both the novice and advanced collect compared to those early days. Each year I enjoy sitting down in my "sword room" and with some Japanese music and a little incense burning, and some sake' of course, to review the past year of collecting. This year was surprisingly lean for me although a wonderful Mishina shodai Hisamichi katana did brighten up my life in recent months along with several wonderful fittings. We are all blessed to have an appreciation of fine art, which is what we collect. The JSS/US is actively producing translations and a bimonthly newsletter, all of which continues to educate and encourage our studies. Established in the mid-1950s, I only wish more collectors would support the JSS/US with their membership. Those annual dues keep us alive. Meanwhile, all good things wished for everyone in 2016, the Year of the Monkey!

Ron STL

• Like 2

Thank you all for making this place an important part of my daily routine that im so grateful for. Before I was referred to Nmb and its wonderful members I didnt like using computers but now Nmb is a daily necessity and am sure that wont change. Thank you Gentlemen and have a great 2016.

Greg

Ps. Stephen I would like to ad that im am so glad you stayed with us mate! You have such a positive impact and I bow to you.

• Like 2

Thanks to all who have contributed to making 2015 a memorable year with a lot of debate and valueable information

A particular thank you to Brian and his team who have kept us largely on the straight and narrow and continued to make this the go to place for all things Nihon-To related.

Looking forward to an equally positive 2016.

thanks and regards

Paul

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..