Nmb 2015 Lucky Prize Draw

• 2 weeks later...

I will do the draw this time tomorrow, so one day left to get any entries in folks.

It will take me 2 or 3 days to draw up the prize winner's page, but will keep you updated here.

How the draw is done:
All entries have been added to an Excel spreadsheet, one line at a time.
Then I have generated a random number next to each entry, using the RAND() function of Excel. The entire spreadsheet is then sorted in numerical order, which mixes the names nicely and randomly. This is so that people who bought 2 or 3 or however many entries have their entries mixed properly and have a fair chance of winning more than once.

After that, I will be using the "Super Cool Random Number Generator" program (http://ccm.net/download/download-3284-supercool-random-number-generator) to draw 33 random numbers (number of prizes) between 1 and the number of total entries. They will equal the Excel line in numerical order going down the (now randomly mixed) list. This makes it nice and fair.

Good luck to all.  :thumbsup:

• Like 7

Thank you all for your support. The entry period is now closed, and I will be doing the draw shortly.
Electrical storm approaching fast, so have to log off..so you will have to wait a day or 2 for the results  :)

Good luck everyone and a huge thanks to everyone, especially those who donated prizes, and to everyone who entered.

Brian

• Like 1

Well, the winners page is now up, at http://www.militaria.co.za/Draw/Draw2015.html

If you don't get a winners list, then Ctrl + F5 to refresh the browser.
Congrats to the winners! In some cases, people won more than one prize..so check the list carefully. It is only fair, due to the number of entries some took. I know I say it a lot, but this was wonderful support from the prize sponsors, and also from those entering. Wish everyone could win a prize....so many deserve one!

I drew 3 extra winners, who I will keep on file in case anyone decides to pass on their prize.

For now, if you are a winner, please send me your name and address via pm, so that I can pass the details on to the prize sponsors. If your prize is electronic, perhaps send me your email address so I can liaise with the sender of the electronic prize.

Congrats all, and thanks again :clap:

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..