#1 Grey Doffin

Grey Doffin

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationNorthern Minnesota, USA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:29 AM

Hi guys,

Opening individual forums is very slow and once open they have a totally different look: a lot of blank space with thread titles widely spaced.  Threads with new content are marked with a black dot, which I'm not used to.  It can take a while to exit a forum also: 10 or 15 seconds.

Something happen, is this my screw up again, huh?

Grey

#2 Derek

Derek

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • LocationMN / WI border

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:12 AM

Same here.

Derek

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
-Sun Tzu

#3 TETSUGENDO

TETSUGENDO

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:00 AM

-Perhaps your problems are due to your respective browsers, equipment, wifi (if applicable).  Could you have inadvertantly altered the site settings?  So many possibilities.  I'm not having any troubles, but who can say what tomorrow may bring.

Steven K

#4 Wayben

Wayben

Chu Jo Saku

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUS - Iowa

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:10 AM

Having the same problems.
Wayne B.

#5 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,415 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

Had support reload a bunch of files and do some maintenance yesterday to work on this malware thing.

For me it looks fine, but please try Ctrl+F5 to reload the page with a fresh copy, and if you are still seeing anything odd, can you post a screen shot?

- Admin -

#6 Wayben

Wayben

Chu Jo Saku

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUS - Iowa

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

Back to normal this morning.

Wayne B.

#7 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,415 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

:thumbsup:

:phew: 

- Admin -

#8 ROKUJURO

ROKUJURO

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,262 posts
  • LocationIn a deep valley

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:19 PM

Brian,

I had the same GOOGLE malware warning again as reported some time ago. I cannot produce a screenshot (it is all red and I cannot copy), but they say the attackers are on

zctmnvhdae.ddnsking.com

I can only get to the NMB site when I agree to go to a 'potentially dangerous site'.

Regards,

Jean C.

#9 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,415 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, that is a consistent link. But is not found in the files.

Going to have to pay a company to do a comprehensive audit. It'll take time. The malware is not dangerous. Just leave it with me.

- Admin -

#10 Pete Klein

Pete Klein

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

For the last week or so I cannot use the back page button when I'm on Internet Explorer which is my main browser. When I go to Firefox it works. Any suggestions?

“It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.”
— Mark Twain

#11 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,415 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

Yes. Use Firefox :laughing:

Seriously though, I'll look into it. May be part of this code injection thing. They are working on that. What does it do when you use the back button? Nothing...or load something else?

Worth clearing cookies sometimes, and using Ctrl + F5 to completely reload all parts of the page.

IE is past its sell by date though, and probably susceptible to malicious code and outdated security. So best to slowly work towards Firefox anyways.

- Admin -

#12 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,415 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

Little research shows that IE is not very reliable when it comes to that back button anyways:

http://forums.cannab...tible-with-ipb/
http://forums.speedg...-very-well-here
http://www.thewindow...ton-not-working
http://www.sevenforu...-7-machine.html

I never use the back button, not sure why anyone would need to. I always open links with a middle click, in a new tab. Once read, I close the window and the old page is still there. Just a thought...

- Admin -

#13 Pete Klein

Pete Klein

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:24 PM

Hi -- it does nothing. I have to go to the main page and start over. The problem is that all my bookmarks are on IE and Firefox is a pain with how their bookmarks work so I stick with IE. I'll try what you mentioned. Thanks much.

“It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.”
— Mark Twain

#14 John A Stuart

John A Stuart

Daimyo

• Moderators
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationArctic Coast, Canada

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

I have stopped using IE and now mostly Edge. All bookmarks etc are transferable. Now problems with anything so far. John

#15 Ed

Ed

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

No problem here.  Was having the Malware pop up recently, but that has been fixed.

Ed M.
http://yakiba.com/   For questions, please DO NOT contact me via PM.   If you have a question, or interest in an item, please contact me via the website: Yakiba.com@gmail.com

My comments are based on my own personal opinions and experiences and are not intended to influence others nor evoke argument or reprisal. 和

#16 SteveM

SteveM

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:13 AM

Same as Ed above, I haven't had the malware warning pop-up recently. No problems loading or viewing. Using Firefox and Chrome.

Steve M

#17 Pete Klein

Pete Klein

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:43 AM

Back page button working now. I didn't do anything here so it must have been resolved on NMB side.

— Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq