Wtb: Katana Tokubetsu Hozon Or Juyo Token

Phenomena

Eric,

Do you have further specifications: price range, nagasa, koshirae vs. shirasaya, school, smith, etc.?

Regards,

Hoanh

Well price range depends on the specimen but seems the above link really have some amazing pieces and wiull inqure there. Appreciate the help. Of course if anyone has something that seems to fit the bill feel free to PM. 

That's a beaut' Ted. Darcy does a fantastic job capturing a sword.

Hey Joe, I hope you are well!  I actually do the photography for Darcy now, and have for a couple of years.  He's mentored me and we work in tandem for these results.  To paraphrase a comment he made once is that i swing the big hammer while he swings the smaller one.  We work very hard to constantly improve our results, and he's given me a deeper appreciation of photography at large.  I am very grateful to him. 

As for the Masatsugu, it's a brilliant sword.  It was on display at the SFTK and more than a couple people were very surprised that a Shinshinto sword could have some much work like this.  Pretty clear testimony to Masatsugu's roots and skills.  He is rated Josaku, but this looks more like a Jojosaku production to me.     

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..