Book Fire Sale! Moving To China.

bone

I'm leaving it up to the individuals involved. I'd prefer they post here but if someone is uncomfortable doing that I'll not insist. As far as fairness goes I HAVE to sell this sword for the highest price. There will be no discounts and schill bidding would be stupid in my case as if it doesn't sell I'm going to miss my window to leave.

All that having been said I'll defer to the moderators. Is Ed right about this?

To anyone who has bid please post here if you would. I don't like anyone getting the idea something shady is going on. But as I said before I'll not insist and if the mods decide it should be done out loud and you wish to withdraw I'll certainly understand and still not post your name.

This auction will end midnight October 5th CDT USA time.

High bid as of this writing is 650.00.

Thank you.

*laugh* You ain't kiddin' Brian! Next time I'll just send it to a member and offer them a percentage to make sure it gets done the right way!

How bout this? From here on all bids should be posted here. No whispers or emails accepted. I mean I sure hope it goes up from here!

I only brought it up for your benefit.  If everything is posted, here out in the open, no one can say anything about the way it goes or ends. 

But it is your sword, do whatever you wish.  Hope it does well.

BTW: received my book today, thanks.

You were not alone in your opinion Ed. I'd rather make less money and have everything be on the up and up. So I'm going with total out in the open bidding. This is an awesome sword. I want it to go to a new home where it will be appreciated. In the interest of full honesty... I've lost the bamboo pin. I realize this may lower the value by the dozens of cents a new one will cost but I don't want anyone dissapointed. *laugh* C'mon guys. You've seen some decent images. This is a Soshu school, koto era katana and they just don't show up in good condition for less than a zillion very often anymore. I WILL sell this blade for what I'm offered. I'd rather not sell it all. Cause even if it sells for what I paid I'll never be able to replace it for that. Remember if I can't make my way to China... *evil look* I'll still be able to post here. And no one (but me) wants that, right?  :laughing:

And thank you Ed! I wouldn't want anyone to think I was, for whatever reason, trying to "get something" over on anyone. I'm not the brightest guy on the board. Been given the best treatment ever though. Two days and eight hours. Good luck to you all. And I sincerely hope you love this blade as much as I have!

I just talked to the person who sold this blade to me. Probably Mino NOT soshu. Still Koto. Still a katana but not what I thought it was. There is no minimum bid anymore. It would be unfair for me to sell this as a Soshu blade when it certainly isn't. It IS Koto. It's healthy. It's ancient. I wouldn't even continue to try to sell it but as I said its koto. You've seen the pics. I can't take less than 600.00 for it. I just can't. Please don't tell me how much I suck. I'm sorry but I never intended any deception. This is still a great blade and you know it.

Brian? I do owe you my deepest apologies and I extend them.

In the end it's not this blades fault that I'm an idiot. I'd completely cancel this whole thing but I really do need it to get to china. Besides, this is a wonderful sword!

which mino den did work in suguba? asking because i dont remember

I know Zenjo Kaneyoshi and Nosada at times worked in sugaha based hamon.  There are probably others.  I don't know why the Mino Den gets penalized by collectors.  There were so many great smiths that contributed to its formation.  

• Like 1

And this is the reason I'm selling at all. As you can see my representative is getting more than a little antsy. I wish I knew more but thankfully the people on the board who know a lot more than me are helping me. The big question now, will I be able to make it in time? Right now it depends on selling this sword. I hate asking for help. I never do. But I have to now. I've set my deadline for less than two days from now.

Please guys. Please help.

Steve
Thanks for the photos.
No problem! But what's the earliest date you can arrive China right now?
It seems you have to fly to school directly right now. So you can fly to Guangzhou. As school wants you to arrive ASAP. But we can confirm this later. 
Also what time are you free to talk with school? They want to talk with you before you arrive school. And they want to know a little bit about you  first. 
They can add your skype. Talk soon!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..