Book Fire Sale! Moving To China.

bone

Hawley Japanese Sword Smith Volume I 1966. Binding good no missing pages. Some notes and corrections in the margins. $350.00 or best offer by 9-28-2015

The Connoisseur's Book Of Japanese Swords. Excellent condition no dust jacket. $100.00 or best offer by 9-28-2015 ON HOLD

Encyclopedia of Japanese Swords; Marcus Sesko 1st Edition(?) Paperback $40.00 or best offer by 9-28-2015

"Joke" offers that are ridiculously low will, of course, be ingored.

I realize most of you will have these in your library but here's a chance to pick them up on the cheap and make a few bucks (maybe even from me!) down the road.

Do to an ongoing dispute with paypaly I CAN NOT accept payment through them. I'll need either a money order, western union or personal check will be fine.You're item will be shipped within 24 hours clearance of payment and while I will cover shipping costs in the continental US a few extra bucks to help cover it would help a brother out.

I'll be posting a Soshu katana soon and while I paid $900.00 for it a couple of years ago I'll take a beating on that as well and sell it for $550.00. It's in full shira but mismatched. The menuki are an intriguing gold color and nicely done. And the blade is typical Soshu work. I purchased it from a board member who knows a lot more than I ever will. I'll post images when the time comes to post it.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks friends,

• Like 1

Markus book is sold. All that's left is The Hawleys. Marked down to 325.00. *sigh* I'll never get all these things back...

Yes, I'll have the Katana out there as soon as I can pick it up and get some mediocre pics of it. I'll make a new thread for it and I guess make it a 48 hour auction. I've had so much interest and I want to be fair... Brian? Other wise people? How should I handle it?

If you want to see if you can get more for it, post it here with the original price as the bottom line, and see who offers the most. I don't have a problem with that. How about 5% auction fee? :laughing:

Your problem is going to be the no-Paypal thing, as for most of us, that is the only easy way to pay.

• Like 2

Is that the small blue hawley, ok price for BigBrown...steep for little blue

I think its only fair to lets us offer more two or three day sale, i might want a shot, if i can scrape it up,   its not like hes going on a buying spree, he really needs to cash out to move.

Edited by Stephen

Hey thanks Stephen! Very kind of you. Yes I've got a job waiting in China so every penny counts. I've had several people whisper me that they believe they should be able to buy it at my original asking price... contingent on them seeing the photos of course. I tried to mollify one before I read the others so with deepest regrets to that one person, sorry. Everyone should get a shot. I believe a 3 day auction is fair and I'll set the start at 550.00 and who knows? After seeing my lousy photos no one may want it. Though I doubt it.

Thanks Brian & Stephen for all your input.

Now as to the Hawley. It is the blue volume 1 from 1966. Is 275.00 a fair price?

Would the person who ordered the Connoiseurs please PM me? I'm afraid I thought I sold it when I didn't... Yes. I'm confused. I'll wait the weekend before I re-list it. But I do need the money quickly and I can't find the pm from the person I thought was buying it.

Sorry for all the confusion!

Hawleys price drop Volume 1 (c'mon. you know that's the one you want anyway.) Blue 1966 Volume 1 some corrections in margins. 225.00 This is more than fair guys. The sword will be listed seperately. Or, if you want to roll the dice, I'll sell it sight unseen for 700.00. Sold to me by a very knowledgeable member for a kind 900.00. *Take your chance now or bid against the madding horde.

I'm starting the pics for the sword. No luck uploading 'em from my iphone yet but I'll get it. I always do...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..