Nihon No Bi: Nihonto (The Japanese Sword)

Interest in orders of Nihon No Bi  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How many copies would you purchase?

• 6+

I highly recommend going the route of Amazon Japan.  It is very easy to create a profile on Amazon Japan as they have an English translation page.  If you have an existing US-based Amazon account, you do need to create a whole new account using a different email address though; otherwise your US profile will get messed up.

Anyway, I placed my order a few days ago and it is scheduled for delivery already by Tues next week.  For the cost of 2 copies and shipping it came to $113 USD, which was basically what cdjapan was going to charge me for 1 book via EMS. 

I should have gone this route to begin with and not used cdjapan.  The one positive thing I have to say is that cdjapan refunded me very quickly when I requested a cancellation to my order. 

I received both of my copies from Amazon Japan last night.  Considering how fast it arrived at my place and what I paid for shipping (not to mention it arrived one day ahead of schedule), I would call it quite a good deal. 

I will likely place one up for sale in the For Sale section in a few days in case anyone is interested.  (Note: I will be selling it at the book's list price + shipping/insurance to your location.  I just bought the second copy so that someone can easily get one without any of the complications that some of us dealt with the first time around). 

Cheers,

Eric

• Like 3

Received mine yesterday and as said in an earlier post I think it is a beautful piece of work and Ppaul did a great job on the translation.

I couldn't understand why they had published it with such flimsy covers but then thinking about it I guess it was the only way they could reasonably accomidate the fold-out pages.

all in all a super visual reference guaranteed to make us mortals green with envy!

I ordered mine from cdjapan and it was shipped a couple of days ago. My shipping charges didn't change.

I decided to go with cdjapan instead of amazon because the book was cheaper there and because I also ordered an other book that they got new that amazon didn't.

Hi guys, I just received my copy from cdjapan for 90 australian dollars/aprox 65 US around 5 weeks after ordering it. Just had a quick look and love it already. Awesome pics and having Pauls translation into english is of great value to me and only hope there is more to come in the future. I hope everyone is successful getting a copy! Much appreciated Paul! Thanks.

Greg

I have ordered 6 books and will be selling 5 of them. I can list them here and Facebook as I prefer not to pay eBay fees. It appears priority shipping with the insurance in the box that fits is $12. Please let me know if you are interested. Final price will be determined shortly and all interested can refuse, just want a heads up so I can be prepared.

I have ordered 6 books and will be selling 5 of them. I can list them here and Facebook as I prefer not to pay eBay fees. It appears priority shipping with the insurance in the box that fits is $12. Please let me know if you are interested. Final price will be determined shortly and all interested can refuse, just want a heads up so I can be prepared.

I have interest.

I am now selling all 6 as I have had so much interest. Please pm me for book.Details below:

The Nihon NO Bi books have arrived. I will PM all those who were interested. I will place an additional order if more people request books.

Flat rate priority shipping is $12

The price shipped Priority flat rate is $80 for one copy.

That is $80 Paypal Gift unless you pay the fees. The flatrate package is insured.

additional books can be purchased at a discounted rate when purchased and shipped together

I am happy to make another small bulk purchase so please if you want one or two or 10 and are willing to wait another week please let me know ASAP. I have several persons on Facebook who are waiting for a copy also.

My copy arrived a few days ago. I didn't even consider that the book would be opposed in layout to western convention, so had a laugh at myself when I realised why the cover print was 'upside down'.

On the book itself, I echo general sentiment it's nice to look through, especially as it showcases swords many of us would otherwise potentially never see. The translation was most welcome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..