Students Of Kurihara Akihide

Michael  67

• 2 weeks later...

Michael, good choice. Many nice blades from the Nihonto Tanren Denshujo. I have a sword by Akitaka(Nakabayashi Fukutarō) with beautiful Jigane and a lovely Hamon full of nie. I also got a sword by Akimoto Akitomo with a beautiful well packed even Ko itame. None for sale I'm afraid but good luck in your search for one. If you find one, please share some photos.

Best Regards

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Nice choice - even though there was quite a rift between Shigetsugu (the lineage I collect) and Akihide, there is a lot of similarities in style - given Shigetsugu trained many of the "Aki" smiths. What's your ballpark budget? There are a lot of good "Aki" smiths out there and they command a pretty penny.

• 1 year later...

still in the hunt, AKIHISA (昭久), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Niigata – “Hokuetsu-jū Yamagami Senri Akihisa” (北越住山上千里 昭久), “Akihisa” (昭久), real name Yamagami Jūji (山上重次), born November 15th 1910, he studied under Kasaka Ikkansai Shigetsugu (笠間一貫斎繁継), he became independent in 1934 and lived in Nishiyama-chō (西山町) in Niigata Prefecture, he worked as a rikugun-jumei-tōshō, kihin-jōi (Akihide), Special Honor Seat at the 6th Shinsaku Nihontō Denrankai (新作日本刀展覧会, 1941)

coming up for auction later this month

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..