Export License From Us - Has Anybody Actually Done This?

Hey guys,

No good deed ever goes unpunished.  I volunteered to receive a piece a pal won on an ebay auction, and as he wants it shipped insured I've run smack into trying to use the AES system to get an export license number.  It doesn't seem all that opaque except for the USPPI stuff - I'm technically acting as a forwarder - when you guys do this, do you actually browbeat the orignal seller for his EIN/Tax id, use yours, or...?  Is this info being reported to the IRS by the census bureau?  My taxes are enough of a mess w/o having to explain why  my business didn't get any money from a shipment with substantial value...

Thanks,

rkg

(Richard George)

Hi Richard,

Not sure I understand but if all you're doing is receiving and reshipping you don't need anything; you just ship it.  You might want to look into private insurance because the shipper will want proof of what you spent on the item before they pay out if there is a loss.

Grey

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..