Token Oshigata Taikan

Finally stopped traveling after six weeks and was able to catch up with my new book that I got for a ridiculously low price in a second hand book store in Tokyo....

Token Oshigata Taikan... my book is number 74... anyone know how many were actually printed??

For anyone who has never seen it here is some pictures... I put a copy of Kanzan next to it to show the size of the bloody thing... plus some inside pictures to show the oshigata... each sword takes up two pages....

Cheers

post-7-14196741099374_thumb.jpg

post-7-14196741100444_thumb.jpg

post-7-14196741101299_thumb.jpg

post-7-14196741150596_thumb.jpg

post-7-14196741151841_thumb.jpg

Token Oshigata Taikan

by

Inutsuka Tokutaro

Printed 300 only and this is 185th. Masterpiece oshigata book of Inutsuka Tokutaro. Weight 5.6 kg and size is 34cm X 25cm with 10cm thickness. Cover is genuine leather with original case. This book contains more than 500 swordsmiths with super-clean oshigata, boshi, hamon, smith history, and his characteristics. Most of blades are from Kokuho, JuyoBunkazai and Juyo Token level. Printed only once in 1975.

Thanks for the link Pete,

I have looked at Jinsoo's site before, but never remembered or noticed the book listed.

300 only... I feel privileged to have found this... almost like I had found a nice blade in an unremarkable second hand shop!! As I said mine is #74

Book is a work of art in itself... I don't suppose there is a translated index for this work of only 300 copies!!??

I'm back in Ft. Lauderdale now for a few months... hopefully it will cool down a little soon so we can fire up Yaki Niku on the back deck!! :D

Cheers Pete

Nigel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..