Hidden Beauty

JonP

My sword was lost under the years of neglect and now after a wonderful polish done by Tam at http://www.jigokustudios.com/ its beauty is out there to behold.

This circa1700 was owned by a brave but modest samurai who honoured proprioty & fairness above all (hence the kanji man roku, no not one thousand five hundred, but the old Japanase usage for proprioty, fairness & justice) He served well and then his sword passed down through generations until a young officer took it into battle against the west. Sadly he perished and through time it came into my hands to cherish and preserve for its artistry and history, and then someday pass down to my son.

Once again it looks like its maker intended and it is marvelous.

Thanks Tam (don't get too busy as my tanto & wakazashi is heading your way)

{of course my story might be shaky historicaly but hey its my sword so my story}

Cheers

Jon

;)

PS if anyone has thoughts on where and when this sword was made using the grain and hamon etc. that now shows through so well your opinions would be welcome.

post-284-14196741077933_thumb.jpg

post-284-14196741078625_thumb.jpg

post-284-14196741079347_thumb.jpg

post-284-14196741079828_thumb.jpg

post-284-14196741080376_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..