New York October 2008

Hi Gabriel, word is getting around. This is all I have at present.

October-November 2008 is all I've heard so far. Biggest Japanese sword exhibition ever in North America, according to Ogawa-sensei, the show organizer. Twelve years in the planning. 13 kokuho, including two Masamune blades. Not to be missed.

There will be a huge showing of fittings also I believe. This will be my primary interest. Added to the fact that Anka and I have always wanted to visit the MET.

I was going to email them and ask. Perhaps someone in NY could call ????

Cheers

Rich

I heard also that one of the blades to come would be the O-Kanehira. Hard to believe that the National Museum and/or the Japanese government would allow it to travel but if it does make sure you get to see it. Even if you have to walk from Texas it will be worth the effort.

Grey

First access to a computer today. I called earlier asking for info on an exhibit by the A&A Dep't in October '08 on Japanese swords/fittings, and Information (after a minute of searching) came up with the following:

"Art of the Samurai"

Show opening October 28, 2008

That's all I got. Looks like it, though. I cannot guarantee the accuracy since Information didn't want to put me through to the Arms and Armour department directly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..