My 1St Japanese Armor, From Japan...

ken kata

I finally bought a "real" Japanese Armor..

Not a "True" Japanese Armor, but, from Japan..

It was "affordable"...  for me.. :)..

The Box is on a "Dolly", so I can move it around.

Thanks for viewing..

Alton  Takata  aka Ken Kata :)

post-2090-0-93364500-1433353345_thumb.jpg

Ken,  O-sode are a bit of a devil to get hanging right as they tend to want to assume all manner of angles unless the stand is exactly the right size. As Uwe has said, the sode are on the wrong sides. The rings, part way down the sides, should be at the rear. There should also be three rings on the top-plate having; a leather tie in the centre and a double cord at each end. You should start by tying the leather tie to the rear loop on the shoulder strap of the dou. The front double cord ties to the front loop on the shoulder strap. There is a proper way of tying this which is difficult to describe but here is the general idea: double up both cords and push the loop formed through the loop on the shoulder strap. Then form another loop in the tasselled end and push that through the first loop. This should now be locked together and hold the front of the sode up about horizontal. The rear double cord of the sode now ties to the side loops of the bow on the back of the armour, stopping the rear of the sode cocking upwards. Finally the long cords from the rear edge of the sode should be passed through the side loops of the bow and tie to each other around the 'neck of the bow. If you type in '0-sode' to Google and look at the images you should find images showing the arrangement. (I have just done that and there are quite a few armours with them tied wrongly so be careful).

Ian Bottomley

• Like 1

Thank you everyone.. :) for watching over me.

Amazing, how ignorant I am among True Armor Enthusiast.

And the good part, you guys look and provide valuable input to the inexperience "Newbie". (Going on 3 years)

From my 1st. Chinese Armor that did not arrive looking anything like the photo I thought I was buying.. :bang:   :rotfl:

I will make the changes suggested.

I am now getting in to Japanese Pottery. Another addition.

Anybody got Rakuzan Crabs? :(   :)

Have a safe happy weekend..

Alton  :)

Older photo of my kabuto, with "wrong way" Horns..

post-2090-0-69886100-1433521041_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..