Rare Shinto Partial-Zaimei Katana 28" W/ Double Temper - Edo Koshirae, Shirasaya - Sale Price

bigjohnshea

Available for a limited time at a reduced sale price. $7000 (edited to add price as per rules - Admin)

http://www.ricecracker.com/inventory/649_katana_daido/649_katana_daido.htm

Please take a moment from your busy day to have a look.  :-)

Contact John Kurata at Ricecracker if you have any interest in this unique blade.

Cheers,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words Florian.

Honestly do not know why this sword or my other on Ricecracker have not sold yet. This sword in particular with a shinsa guarantee...?

This is a very unique blade by a smith who worked at the time for the Hosokawa family, one of the longest running families in Japanese history.

Very attractive buy.

Cheers,

Ive been digging around from your first post on a slogan about straight sword, afraid i cant find it so i wont try to say it in Japanese,

something about straight swords being the sharpest,,,,well..im mucking it up ...any old timers remember it?

Good deals are just not selling and all ranges unless your giving them away. 

• 2 weeks later...

John - I don't have the funds now (have to replace the thermostat in my vehicle, very expensive) but if you still have this in September please let me know.

This is a great blade and would look fantastic in my personal collection.

Thanks

Jesse,

Apologies for the delay responding.  Been busy with board exams for school.  

It is still available, and will be at the upcoming sword show.  I think that show is in Florida?  Will let you know for sure come September. 

Thanks for your interest.  It's a beauty for sure.  :-)

Cheers,

John

Jesse,

Sorry if I was unclear. I won't be there myself but John Kurata who I have consigned this too will be there, and will be bringing it along with another blade of mine he has on his site.

Enjoy the show. Wish I could attend but I have alot going on with Medical School so I can't make it.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this one last time.

I'm planning to withdrawl this from sale in a few weeks and submit it for NBTHK shinsa. Not convinced it will sell for fair price without papers, and I think the quality is good enough it could go TH. Will atleast get Hozon, so worth submitting in my eyes. Will be off the market for months at that point, and likely up at the original price after papered. So if someone is interested at this price, it may be your last chance.

Hope everyone is well. :-)

Cheers,

Nice package as mentioned, the sword is interesting and for me personally, the simple antique koshirae of that type is such a nice bonus, were not likely to see another for sale for quite some time. i do wish someone would buy it so i would stop :Drool: 

Another time maybe. 

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..