Confirmation Of Mei

Hello fellow members

I wonder if any one of you knowledgeable members, can assist me in confirming a mei.

I purchased a Shin Shinto sword last year from a reputable collector, with a swordsmith signature: Nando No Shi Furuzawa Hachizeamon Yoshimasa.

The smith is listed in Makus Sesskos index of Japanese swordsmiths N-Z page 378, i have compared the Kanji and the signature looks right, but i'm no expert.

I purchased the sword because i liked it, not for the signature ,however i would still like to hopefully authenticate the signature as i would like to submit the sword to Shinsa one day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i know everyone helps in their own time.

the pics i have attached are not the best but i hope they are readable.

Thanks

John C

post-2439-0-25498900-1430098351_thumb.jpg

post-2439-0-57927200-1430098387_thumb.jpg

post-2439-0-03350800-1430098407_thumb.jpg

post-2439-0-06839900-1430098429_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply K Morita any information is greatly appreciated.

Although you are showing Oshigata of Yoshimasa signing on the shinogi ji side , i have seen pictures of papered swords of Yoshimasa smiths that sign over the shinogi line,just like the sword i purchased.

Can any of the members recommend any books or point me to a website that may contain Oshigata of the Shin Shinto smith that i am looking for.

i would be grateful for any help.

John C

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..