Orlando Japanese Sword Show

Just to let everyone know I am hosting our 4th annual (well since 1991 anyway!) Orlando Japanese Sword Show the weekend of June 27th at the Staybridge Suites, 1 red light north of the Orlando International Airport on 436. Tables are available. $100.00 for 1, 2 for $175.00 and 3 for $250.00. Rooms are (apartment style) cheap! $85.00 a night. More info to follow. Bob Elder

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got word that Bill Miller and Arnold Frenzel will have a lecture on Katchushi tsuba. These are sword and armor makers works. A hands-on display as well as a handout will make this a great event to attend. Many thanks to them!

• Like 1

Hello:

I will talk to Bill about posting it after the show Henry. We did something similar at the Tampa show a couple of years ago, but that was just a "looking" selection. In Orlando the idea is to discuss certain pieces to try to extract some educational value from each.

Arnold

Will be there, but only on Saturday (arrive Friday afternoon though) as I have to be back on Sunday.

Arnold, when are you and Bill scheduled? Hope that not everything is scheduled for Sunday but I am

still happy to see you all on Saturday.

• 1 month later...

Hello Markus:

I haven't checked this topic recently or I would have replied sooner. I don't know our time, but would guess it will be Saturday afternoon. We will have a small paper and 16 tsuba illustrated as well and on hand for viewing. The pieces we will discuss are essentially selected for their educational value rather than anything else.

Arnold

I had a good time catching up with friends, old and new.  I also got a chance to study some great swords that a few people brought for show and tell. All in all it was a good time to break up the monotony.  

I also ate well.  A few of us got off the beaten path (way off) for some Vietnamese food at a restaurant called Little Saigon. It was off the hook.

• Like 1

Am so free and forward some pics Joe and Bob shared on FB. Made some new friends and had a great time and I was one of those who took the "scenic route" to Little Saigon :glee:

Great show and great after show sword study with some outstanding blades! Thank you guys and I am already looking forward to the next show(s). :beer:

post-37-0-73099000-1435604988_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-00362600-1435605001_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-28069800-1435605016_thumb.jpg

post-37-0-86358600-1435605027_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..