Blades, Armor, Artwork, Flags (Sashimono)

loui

Hello all, I'm looking for tanto and wakizashi, possibly Karan depending on pricing. From basket cases to about 2k usd.

Also looking for sashimono, woodblock depicting battle scenes, and low class armor not high class museum pieces as I like the used look;)

Thanks!

Louie

Perhaps Louis hasn't checked his pm's yet?

The original email on file is invalid, so pm notifications would not have arrived.

Important that everyone checks their listed email is valid, I get tons of bounced notification emails back.

Brian

Louis, 

Sorry if I wasn't offering something suitable, but not even a "thanks but no thanks"?  :(

Kind regards,

Hi John, That's a little dramatic, but not a big deal I had just responded to a Message from another member that was sent to me in November of last year.  I don't have much time here so I respond when I can, and this calm sunday morning with the sound of children's video games blaring in the background seems to be the most opportune.

Cheers.

Louie

Why is it so hard (for me) to send a PM

Any of this look interesting?

1. Wakizashi signed Chikugo ju MORISADA saku (MOR225) dated: Bunroku 4th year 8th month. (1595). Blade  measures 15 ½” and is in essentially full polish so that  its construction fully visible. It shows a flowing suguha hamon. The hada is itame with some coarse grain, but it is solidly tight, there are no blisters or flaws. The kissaki is not robust, but fully intact. The blade has a silver foil covered habaki, a round iron tsuba with traces of nunome design. Nice black saya which is missing the kurikata. The tsuka is solid, with brown wrap and odd soft metal fittings. This is a handsome, clean, signed, and dated koto by a respected smith. It presents nicely. What’s not to like?         750.00
  2. Wakizashi signed Fujiwara YOSHINAGA. This is certainly a Shinto, but it deserves shinsa.  The delicate and graceful blade measures 15 ¾”. It has a flowing medium suguha with itame hada. The polish is excellent so that all features – and no kizu – are visible. In a red spiraled lacquered saya which lacks a kojiri but looks very nice. Iron sukashi tsuba features swallows. Tsuka is slightly tattered but basically intact with woven tape wrapping. Matching  f-k, and nice round crane menuki of shakudo. Again, a clean, handsome blade.                                                            $850
  3. Wakizashi signed Hizen Kikuchi KUNITOMO (KUN 1323etc).  This blade is 17 ½” long and is in pre-War polish so its features are all visible – this includes some open grain, but no serious kizu or killing flaws. The blade has several areas of stain but no pits. It needs polish but can be appreciated as it is. It certainly could be shinsa’d as it is.  The hamon is midare suguha with what sure looks like a yakidashi. This seems like a collectible blade, but the koshirae can absorb lots of attention. It has a silver foil covered habaki.  The saya is very nice, heavy dark orange lacquer with no accommodation for a kozuka. It has a black kojiri. The saya and other saya fittings. These fittings look like gold/silver washed plain mounts. Like the rest of the rig – they are tarnished and blotchy, but I have left them that way because I am not sure how they should look. The sword has nice smallish iron four-lobed iron tsuba lightly signed Kanehisa with 4 seppa, two with silver foil. The tsuka has black (rusty) f/k. The tsuka is covered with ¼” wide rings of silver. The center of the tsuka has a broad shakudo ring around  a pair of nice gold kiri-mon button menuki. The tsuka was covered with tape when I got it, so the rings are blotchy deep blue/grey. I left them that way because I have no idea what this sword should look like. I’m sure the mountings can be appropriately finished. This is a project in a couple of regards. It needs to be researched to determine what it should look like and then it needs to be appropriately treated. All this seems doable and, potentially, fun.                        $2000
  4. Ko-wakizashi, signed Sadamune, on the omote side of the nakago there is a date Kem?? 2, but there is a meguki-ana through the second character, and what appears to be an animal figure instead of the year character.  Both sides of the nakago seem coated with black lacquer. In good shirasaya with a nice silver foil covered habaki.  The blade measures 14.5" (37cm) good polish, suguha, itame , bohi on both sides above ken-bori and bonji on one,  fine hi-bori with bonji  on the other. There is open grain under one bonji.  This is an interesting sword that looks old and at least in the style of famous blades of Kamakura age.                                                 $1600.
  5. Wakizashi signed: Harima no Kami Fujiwara TERUHIRO (TER 60 etc). This is an interesting sword. This blade measures 21 1/8”. It is in excellent polish and all of its characteristics are visible. It has a konie deki notare hamon and fine itame hada. It is nice looking sword eventho it has a bit of a flat flaw slightly in front of the habaki. Nearby there is another bit of open grain on the mune. These are solidly closed and have been polished over many times. There is a two piece habaki, with gold foil over the larger silver foil cover. The blade is in a nice black lacquered saya without accommodation for a kodzuka. There are chips and dings in the saya, but it is serviceable. The tsuka is represented by a wood core that retains same insets on both sides and a shakudo fuchi, but no other fittings. It appears to have been a distinctively atypical tsuka. This is a collectible sword that can easily be brought back to an authentic state.                   $750
  6. Shobu-zukuiri ko-wakizashi : Echizen Kuni KANETANE (KAN 2462etc). An easily restored blade. I just got. It is currently a 15 ¼” ubu wakizashi  in original polish with overall light rust/stain. There are a few small(!) nicks in the kissaki but it absolutely will polish, easily . The condition shows the full blade. It has no kizu and is very healthy, but it is real dirty.  The hamon is a wide notare . There is a habaki and a black lacqured saya that could be brought back, altho I assume the next owner will have the blade polished and put in shira-saya. The nakago is ubu 1 hole, but some asshole glued the tsuka on and I have not cleaned off the glue. I think it is elmer’s and will come off.   Why do people do this? $350.

Why is it so hard (for me) to send a PM

I don't know. Genetics?

Surely it isn't rocket science to hover over someone's name, and then a nice little box pops up giving some profile info and a box marked "send message" that can be clicked.

Could it be any easier?

If it isn't working, I need to know that in order to fix it. But so far I have found it extremely easy. Please clarify?

Brian

Seemed to work fine for me, he responded to my PM, seems the blade I was interested in was snapped up - I expect through PM as the original snipe was on this post and then......all went quiet:)

I forgot how much fun sword collecting was.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..