Youtube

I find those links that don't resolve properly either have had a "." put at the end accidentally, or maybe another character was incorrectly copied.

Also, in this forum...if you cut and paste text from a webpage, it will copy the formatting too...so you might be copying a table or background or something else too.

Easiest is paste using the "paste as plain text" button above the box to make sure the link is valid.

If you check your post and something isn't working...hit edit and check what was posted incorrectly.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how do you post a URL link exactly? I tried to copy a link but nothing happens! This happens since the new Software is running. On the old forum you just had to copy and paste :-?.

Regards,

Why can't you copy and paste a link?

Everyone else does. Just copy the link, and ctrl/V to paste, or click one of the paste buttons at top right of the posting box. Exactly where are you encountering a problem?

For youtube, just paste a link, like this:

Or for links, just paste them, like this:

http://www.japaneseswordindex.com

Brian

• 4 years later...

Brian,

I attempted to post some video clips (from Last Samurai) on Izakaya, and they only attach as downloadable. Is there a way to imbed them in the post so they'll play with a simple click?

They are short clips I recorded with my iphone and saved to my tablet.

Update: Disregard! I figured out how to post them to Youtube and simply post the link!

Archived