Ebay Account Hacked

Members, over night, I was informed my Ebay account was hacked. Whilst no real malicious damage was done to me, it appears the account was used to solicit business through dodgy emails and the such.

If you receive any emails from the Ebay account nippon_to please email me Richard Turner @ ikkanshi@amnet.net.au to confirm.

Regards

Richard Turner

was bidding on Momotaro's e-bay auctions..............

got bunch of identical second chance offers from DIFFERENT

e-mail addresses EVEN BEFORE the actual auction is over, imagine that ?? :lol:

so............... bid it up pass 200 bucks, all the bidders' id became codified.

Problem solved................. :D

milt the ronin

Rich,

That is unfortunate, and all too common nowdays I'm afraid.

Good luck sorting it out, and thanks for letting us know.

I just wanted to point out to others that may be newer to eBay that there is also a "hacked warning" going around that is in itself a phishing attempt.

You will get an email telling you that your account has been hacked and used for various devious tricks.

In the email will be an eBay link, which you will naturally click to login and check your account, and this will be a falsely set up link that will send your details to these conmen. The hacked warning is in itself a hack attempt.

I am sure this is not the case here, but another warning to never log in to your eBay account through any email link ever.

Also..make very sure that your paypal login and eBay login/pass are different, as all too often by stealing your eBay details, they get access to your paypal account. (No..I have never been caught)

Regards,

Brian

I have heard that also mate. Here in OZ, the banks got onto this some time ago and do send out emails but without any links or any html. Just something like, "You have new messages online at your bank" so you have to log on to read what is happening. Maybe Ebay could work along these lines.

Anyway, there was no real hard done to me as far as I can tell. It is more of a concern for other members who may have been contacted by some crook.

Anyway, thanks all for the kind words and advise.

Rich

Rule:

NEVER open any attachment from anyone you dont know.....

NEVER answer any (Phishing) e-mail from any organisation directly..

instead, after having read the e-mail, get in touch with the PROPER/REAL

organisation through their customer service, and also keep all the headers of the e-mails they supposedly sent you

NEVER give away /enter your login name / password or whatever to any e-mail asking you to login or any e-mail link redirecting you to "their" site....

If you adhere to these simple rules, you are quite safe.........

and if you want to get back at the originators, get their X-originating IP and learn how to hack yourself.......

:lol:

KM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..