nihonto french forum

Hello everyone :D

Welcome on our forum!

I am Michel D on NMB, Michel on our forum which appointed me as Tosogu moderator (Sorry time!). I do appreciate NMB and have learnt a lot, more specifically on tsuba which are my area of interest. I should post soon on tsuba identification (appreciate Nobody"s expertise on kanjis and others on appreciation of different schools including damned Shoami)

Our forum was created earlier June and...is in French.Do not hesitate to join us: the goal is not to vie with anyone but only exchange and learn from eachother. Should you have any question or difficulty of understanding to join, please feel free to contact me by pm.

Regards

Michel D

France

clicked on the few English headings " picture message "...............got , in " ENGLISH ", a web page nfor cell phone subscription.

Not usually the one to bit$%# here on this message board, but the French are funny people. :lol: :lol: , I thought they'd send me to a girlie site !!

milt the ronin

Following Patrick topic, I have signed last night to become a member of this forum. It is outstanding (for a beginning) a lot of information available, a very good kantei section with good explanation (in fact, kantei/answers are I think almost as good as Darcy's ones). Darcy's kantei have an advantage, there are based on high resolution pictures and not oshigata.

It is easier to work on Oshigata, because they show all what is to be seen in a blade (hataraki). I have notice that with the hadori, unless taking time to scrutinize a blade under different lights/angle, most time one shall miss important things.

I am not sure that we are ready to draw Oshigata with all the precision needed .....

Language is not a problem, I have noticed that the more technical are the topics the easier they are understood, most terms being in Japanese.

For all newbies a lot of information are available (drawings, Japaonese terms)

English (even my poor one) not being an obstacle for most people, French should not be - even for our fluent German Bungo.

Any way if some translations are needed I volunteer to help NMB members. :) :)

Hello

For those who have registered but do not know how to introduce themselves ( mandatory within 72 hrs following the registration):

How to introduce yourself

On the home page, just above the introduction text written in red Kon nichiwa mina san ", click on PRESENTATION; you will see the members' list. Then click on the button NOUVEAU (new message) at the top or at the bottom of the page: you have access to a new box where you are can write some words ( your visa card code and your bank account number is NOT necessary :D ) Once done, click on PREVISUALISATION( preview) to check it and finally ENVOYER ( send ). It runs as most of the forum sites.

Looking forward reading your introduction. You also can reach me through PM. Welcome again

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just registered for the forum, haven't gone though the whole site yet but from what I seen it very well done.

Being from the province of Quebec where English and French have

co-existed for quite some time (mostly in peace :D ), I'd be glad to help with any traslation problems as best as I can.

To the persons who setup the message board...Bravo

Pierre G.

Hi Jean,

thanks for the welcome, I don't think I expressed myself properly though, I ment to say I just joind the French message board, I been a member of the Nihonto MB since about June.

It still amazes me at the diversity of the membership, and the

co-opperation between the different sites, I've learnt so much and continue to do so.

Hummmmm mother country ehhhh :D ;)

Pierre G.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..