Wanted Tachi Fittings

Grover

Hi

i am onto a new project after completing a Kanesada II daisho.  The new project invovles an Edo period sword that I want to make a ceremonial Tachi koshirae for.  So anyone have any or know where I can get some Tachi fittings from?

Thanks Steve

Barry

Thanks for that.  I just realised that my location wasnt on this new forum view.  I am in Papua New Guinea and I move between here and Australia.  So Tampa maybe a bit to far to "drop in" mate.  Anyway would love to see what you have in terms of the tsuba.  I am guessing that I will have to have the other lot made.  This is the first tachi or I guess I should say Hondachi project that I have done.  The blade that I have is a very large 81.7 cm long and the smith is Kanaseda I so the father of the Daisho that I just finished getting crafted.  After this project I guess I will try and get a Kanesada III tanto.

Cheers Steve

I can't seem to find the link to attach photos to this reply.

Quick reply for convenience (bottom of a thread) doesn't have attachment option. If you want to, then just click the "more reply options" at the bottom right for the advanced reply box with attachments. Quick reply is far more convenient than the old system.

Brian

• 2 months later...

Hi Dirk

someday, not now - I'd like to have an efu tachi ... or at least the koshirae for display purpose. For now I am saving my money for better swords :D
but if you don't mind, could you inform me how much efu tachi mounts like yours is worth ? I know I won't purchase it now, but perhaps someday :D

thank you in advance

Donny

I have a really nice pair of Aoi Mon Tachi Menuki. I bought them to mount, but noticed that the Mon would be upside down on a Katana.. They are modern, but they are super nice and once under the ito, would have looked great, but as I said, no good for a Katana..… I think they would be fine for a Tachi though… Send me a PM if interested. $250 USD. PayPal preferred. 

post-2085-0-03960200-1428576500_thumb.jpgpost-2085-0-29629800-1428576468_thumb.jpgpost-2085-0-59343300-1428576599_thumb.jpg

Barrie.

Archived