View New Content

I have had a few ask me about the View New Content Page.

Some are not seeing anything listed there, others are asking how to control what is viewed. The important thing to remember about this page is that it is a lot more powerful than the old "view unread messages" button.

Once you click "View New Content" you will be presented with the options you last selected.

Look to the left of that page. Make sure you have "forums" checked, in order to be looking for posts.

Then look underneath and see what time period is selected. If you have checked "Content I have not read" then you are only going to see posts you have not read yet. If you have read everything, then you will get "no new content"

If you select "new since my last visit" then you will get everything posted since then..read or not.

In "Other" you can refine all of that even further.

As before...take some time to explore the options and see which work for you. Post if you have any questions. It is my hope that everyone will find these features useful after the initial break in period and after the "new, new everything is new!" syndrome has worn off :)

Brian

vnc.png

Archived