Phoenix themed tosogu

Leroy

Hi all. I know nothing about fittings, but my interest is increasing. Can someone direct me to phoenix themed fittings? Is there a book someone can recommend me? A website? I have not been lucky in finding much (but I must confess I have not had the time to look harder).

I have seen one phoenix fitting, but have not been able to find it again. Thanks in advance.

I have a phoenix Tsuba for sale - actually I'll pick it up at the NBTHK tomorrow, it papered to Namban (surprise, surprise ;)). In the picture it looks much more "rusty" than it actually is. It has a very nice rim, and the Hitsu are made of brass.

As usually it'll take some time until I get the Hozon papers. If someon's interested, contact me off-line.

post-13-14196733550341_thumb.jpg

This is another phoenix Tsuba; it's on the Koshirae of the Nakajima Rai blade I posted for Kantei some time ago.

Guido:

As you know I'm a major fan of koshirae, themes, how they worked all the stuff together, etc. Would you happen to have a more complete set of photos of the koshirae for the Nakajima Rai piece? I really like the color selection in what I've seen so far and I'd love to see more.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..