Does anyone know about this book / author?

Hello again folks.

I am trying to do what all new collectors are told to do and that is to establish a bit of a reference library before throwing the real money around.

:D

Is a book titled "The Samurai Sword" by John M Yamotto published in 1974 out of the USA known to any members?

Not bought or actually viewed it yet, just have an offer to buy and will be looking at it over the next day or two.

Cheers

That is the book to start with, you can get it on Amazon for around 15.00 +shipping. sometimes you can find it on Ebay for less. Its one of my best sellers for those just starting out.

It covers a lot for the size of the book, id digest it for a month or so before looking for another book on Nihonto. I still use it in reference now after all these years.

Thanks Stephen

The seller was a bit difficult in the end and only wanted to sell the book along with a "fantasy sword" for $100.00. I now know I had the authors name wrong and should have been Yumoto.

So I have bought a copy from Amazon instead along with a copy of "The Connoisseurs Book of Japanese Swords" by Kokan Nagayama.

Some good reading coming my way I hope.

:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..