piece of a blade?

Andi B.

Hello,

does anybody have a broken blade / piece of blade to sell?

I'm looking for a cheap fragment (...some inches, maybe with tang) which can be polished to see the hada, hamon and cross section for demonstration/display.

For offers, please PM me.

• 2 months later...

Andi

Are you sure this was a tanto? cross section is shinogi zukuri whereas for a tanto hirazukuri would be much more likely. Also tanto construction ,especially on older work, was more often single piece.

Regards

Paul

At the Tampa show one Japanese dealer was selling pieces of swords that had been converted to mekugi nuki (peg removers). I bought two both from koto blades. The first is a tang with two holes the second is a section of blade. That section has a maru mune which is not that common. I am on the road travelling home and cannot take a picture of the two pieces. If there is interest I can add them in a few days.

• 3 weeks later...

At the Tampa show one Japanese dealer was selling pieces of swords that had been converted to mekugi nuki (peg removers). I bought two both from koto blades. The first is a tang with two holes the second is a section of blade. That section has a maru mune which is not that common. I am on the road travelling home and cannot take a picture of the two pieces. If there is interest I can add them in a few days.

Good day Mr b. hennick, for the uninformed such as myself, can one rework these old pieces through heat and forging into a small blade..or does one just keep the pieces?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..