A COLLECTION FOR SALE

gumanthon

FOR SALE

The two longer blades re in very good condition one is signed and I originally purchased these from Sidney, Australian Legion Club along with some of the other bits and pieces some time ago now. The two short blades....one is fairly pitted, and the other is in a reasonable condition. If you require any more photo's please just let me know. This collection includes everything you see in the photographs.

Price:- £3200.00

With Regards John

post-1119-14196949371411_thumb.jpg

post-1119-1419694937547_thumb.jpg

post-1119-14196949379378_thumb.jpg

post-1119-14196949388181_thumb.jpg

post-1119-14196949393444_thumb.jpg

post-1119-14196949398945_thumb.png

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your observations. I live in England and since the government & eBay have made it impossible to trade in this subject I have lost all interest in my hobby.

Of course I am serious about selling. The two long blades are worth around £3000.00 and the rest of the bits & pieces, including the two small blades I thought would have small value in comparison. But if more info is required such as sizes or photo's of anything I am quite happy to provide them.

With Regards John.

Hi John

I am also in the UK and sort have seen where your thinking is. But if you will allow might I make a suggestion?

First looking at your sales, it looks like a garage clear out. That only gives the impression, that low value items are being lotted together to justify the price asked. Although I am sure it is not your intention, there is I feel a better option.

I would!

Separate the blades, and offer each as an individual item, having an asking price in line with the blades quality.

Offer as a lot all the Gunto items at a price, and invite offers.

Why? The opportunity to purchase a blade at a reasonable price, would be attractive to a wider market than the total cost of the lot, as you have offered.

There are a lot of Gunto enthusiasts, who are always on the look out for spares and ‘handy bits’.

You might find there is a market here in the UK.

Thank you for the info John, I personally think that the deep sori sword might be the most interesting agewise.

Would be good to take extra pictures and post it separately in the F/S section.

Still out of my budget though, but that means someone else could be made happy with it ;)

If I were you though I would split the entire collection in parts. Tsuka, tsuba, saya, swords.

KM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..