Shinto Wakizashi in RED / GOLD Koshirae & NBTHK Hozon

Nickupero

Hi Guys, have this pretty shinto Wakizashi attributed to Fujiwara Takada by the NBTHK. The blade is of excellent work, Tokubetsu grade work I would say. Nagasa measures 48.5 cm / 19.1 inches with a sori of 1.0 cm / 0.39 inches. Nice strong Sugu hamon in very good polish.

Fittings are nice, with solid gold Komainu Menuki, saya is bright red which we don't see so often, on the back ridge of the Saya that rests the Mune has a flat surface. Everything fits nice and tight.

Price for members is $4,850 US plus shipping and transactional fees, donation will be honoured if sold here.

I won't be listing this on my site for a little while. If you have any questions please email or PM me, email preferred.

post-4289-14196939742327_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196939753057_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196939758081_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196939763116_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196939769335_thumb.jpg

post-4289-14196939777977_thumb.jpg

Hi Nick,

You might have a issaku-goshirae on that papered sword. :glee: This sword would be a great piece for any nihonto, tosogu, or the many that are collectors of both. :)

P.S. If I could purchase it I would submit the koshirae by itself to the NBTHK and have that papered as well. If it comes back as a issaku-goshirae then I would go for Juyo. :)

Thank you kindly for the comments both Brian & David, I'll leave any more papering up to the new owners, got the Chicago show coming up so maybe someone will submit it there. Brian it appears not to be the makers Mei on the Fuchi but maybe a Kiritsuke Mei, memo of some sort, reads 四 与 三 分 五 多. I'll leave this in the hands of the Tosogu experts :)

Speaking of papered koshirae I got one coming for sale soon.

Cared for it and cared for it as they should have - it is in great condition and Nick keeps doing this to me - wish I were born rich instead of good looking and smart ;)

Good eye Mr. Ricupero :clap: thanks for bringing these quality blades to our area and saving us who can not travel that far and have no access to this sort of material in any event.

• 1 month later...

I love the forum, I had found nick on ebay originally via a tsuba and then being on the forums lately I was browsing his site etc, the thread and nick and I's discussion pushed me to the buying line.

Ive been on the forum for a while, time to really start interacting and contributing more :)

Thanks

Bryan

I had been on a the hunt for a tanto that was mounted in a particular way, no tsuba, close to body. But when i saw this blade i couldn't pass it up. The tanto shall wait. Now i need another display case to go with my other two blades, maybe the wife wont notice a bright red saya with gold glaring out of a case lol

Bryan

Got the sword. I have to say, it is nicer in person than the pictures even show. I am so happy with this purchase. I have purchased from other dealers and there pictures show one thing and when ive received the swords they are another. Not with Nick, his pictures and descriptions really are on point and you know what your going to get, a great item.

Thanks Nick!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..